Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

Our news section is located here; you can find lengthier news updates there while the news updates below are the bare necessities!

You can find the most recent activity check here; activity checks are month-long. You must have at least one post per character submitted before the first of the next month!

You can find the current OTM (of the month) awards here! Be sure to congratulate the members and the admin members of the characters and titles that have been won this month!

Give a warm welcome to both Bri and Pat who have been brought onto Bittersweet Forever's administration team as active website moderators!

All admin members have their own tasks; be sure to check their signatures for information on what their specific tasks are, otherwise you might be redirected.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» [IP] I got a nighttime shudder and a lion within [INVITES]
ADELAIDE VIVAS
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 03:12 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
TWENTY-ONE
DESIGNER

high
to forget i'm missing you
Addie couldn't deny that there had been days where she had been left to wonder just what happened to an imprint when it was neglected for so long in any context. Where she had Tristan had not been lovers let alone friends, it was hard not to wonder if that had taken a physical, mental or emotional toll on him where he was the one that was so greatly impacted by the imprint. It was an intricate, vital piece of him whereas it was Addie that had always been the one that simply benefited from it; she loved him, there was no question about that nor had there ever been, but she wasn't the one stuck feeling that nagging impact of an imprint whose needs weren't being met.

Another soft smile found the brunette hybrid's lips as he rebuked his apology; it wasn't the first time that he had refused to apologize for caring about her, after all, and Addie knew that it likely wouldn't be the last time. She was perfectly okay with that, though. She couldn't quite explain why, but it had always been a bit of a comfort knowing no matter what she said or did, no matter how hurt or broken she felt, there was always that one person out there in the world that would never stop caring about her. Was that a little selfish? Perhaps... but everyone deserved a single shred of selfishness every now and again, didn't they?

That was precisely why Addie knew that he wasn't going to refuse to agree with her need for the time required to properly mend things between them. Their lives had never been perfect, be they together or apart. Time had put a lot of distance between them and their imperfections which meant they were going to have to relearn the ins and outs of all the damage that had been done to them in each others' absence.

"Thank you... I mean, I know I probably don't deserve much compassion or understanding from you; I could have done a whole lot more to at least try to keep the line of communication open between us over these last few years..." Given all that she had been through, it was hard not to feel like she deserved to feel guilty or to blame for everything negative that happened in her life. She was the common denominator, after all, was she not?

Granted, even Addie knew that those feelings weren't at all logical, but that didn't always encourage them to vacate her mind. It was something she understood she would need professional help overcoming, though she hadn't exactly reached out to anyone in the psychological field to better her situations or her mindsets. It was on her list of things she had to do, but Addie knew she had to start prioritizing herself, her health and her own needs before she ever got to a point where it wouldn't exactly matter anymore.

Taking a sip of the drink in front of her, Addie nodded gently as he asked for the same. He, too, wanted time to be able to truly mend everything between them, and seeing as she had just asked that of him, she had no qualms in agreeing to the same.

"You can have all the time you need." Her words were spoken as she placed her glass back down in the table in front of her. "I mean, maybe that's why things will be so much different this time around? We were always so eager to rush that we never really talked things out; we just jumped right back in like everything was always okay..." And while sometimes there was nothing wrong with that, it wasn't something that had ever really benefited she or Tristan in the long run. "I think this will be good..."

--------------------
stealing hearts and never saying sorry
pmapplicationshiptrackcellinstafbsnaptweete-mail
PMWebsite
^
TRISTAN BLACK
 Posted: Apr 18 2017, 02:36 PM
HYBRID (VAMPIRE/WEREWOLF)
TWENTY-ONE
MECHANIC

If your heart wears thin,
I will hold you up.
"Hey, No. None of that." he spoke softly, as she tried to take responsibility for the fact that they had eventually stopped communicating altogether after she had left. As much as he had wanted to blame her in the beginning, he had stopped trying too. His efforts had minimized when she had started seeing Jackson and then they had ceased altogether when she had gotten married. He had felt hopeless and helpless and he couldn't handle it.

"We both could have tried harder ... it's just that after a certain point ..." he paused, wondering if there was a way that he could word himself that wouldn't further make her feel responsible. She might have influenced his decision but he had been the one to make it. He could have fought harder when Jackson had come into her life but he had just felt so defeated.

"It's not all on you." he added before their conversation pressed forward to him asking her for the same thing that she had just asked of him. He nodded when she agreed in return that he could have all the time that he needed much as he had just done for her. "Yeah, maybe." he agreed as she commented about things being so much better this time because they weren't rushing.

"Sometimes it was okay ..." he replied, though he knew that she had a point. "I'm sure you're right though." He glanced down at the table and then over at her drink. "Have you eaten? I'm a little hungry."

PMWebsite
^
ADELAIDE VIVAS
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 03:27 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
TWENTY-ONE
DESIGNER

high
Both Addie and Tristan seemed to understand just how ill-advised young love was and needed to be; it was beautiful in and of itself, there was no denying that... but young love - true or otherwise - wasn't wise. It didn't come with the wisdom that many years of trial and error brought along with it, nor did it possess the finesse needed to navigate some of the extremely difficult situations that today's couples were often faced with.

It was brave, bold, messy and immature. T Here was no denying that then, nor was there any denying it now. They had fought for all the right reasons in the right moments... but they had fought for all the wrong reasons every other moment of every other day. The little things that shouldn't have mattered somehow... did. Fights that had no room in their relationship manifested out of thin air, as if they couldn't breathe without conflict.

Part of Addie would always wish they had waited. That they had taken a little more time to develop their friendship and their bond with each other before ever embarking on a romantic relationship. A great many people had warned them, of course... Though both Tristan and Addie had been far too stubborn and far too set in their ways to have ever listened.

Fools in love, yes?

He was right, blindingly so. After a certain point, there had to be an end to the madness they had kept on repeat for years. The desperateness of their young love had to cease; perhaps it could have grown into something that would have survived the years, but Addie had been quick to move on and Tristan had been quick to give in to defeat.

A small smile found her lips as he seemed eager to add that sometimes things had been okay. He did have a point, though she wasn't as eager to admit that just yet.

Shaking her head in reply to his question, she pointed to the drink she was already half-way through. "I didn't want to order without you so I settled on a glass of wine until you got here." Well, two glasses of wine, but that wasn't information that she was willing to hand over, either. "What're you having?"

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
TRISTAN BLACK
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 03:31 PM
TWENTY-ONE
MECHANIC

I will hold you up.
There wasn't a person in the world that would ever be able to convince the young hybrid that his time with Addie had been a mistake. Perhaps things had not always been easy for them but nothing that was worth having ever came easy, did it? That was what Theodore Roosevelt had believed, anyway. Tristan believed it too.

Even as they sat there discussing their past and how things had become so messed up between them, there was a part of him that wanted to convince her that it had all been his fault and that he shouldn't have let her leave or that he should have fought harder for her. In some ways, that was true. While the separation itself had been amicable, he should have and could have done something more to make her stay but then ... would she have grown to resent him if he had kept her from her dreams? Did she resent him now for not making her stay?

His head spun with the possibilities, his attention only truly shifting focus when her voice reached his ears and gave him something to latch onto. A small smile crept over his lips as she confessed that she hadn't wanted to order without him and had simply indulged in a single glass of wine. "I'm not really sure what I'm in the mood for. Do you know what you're having?"

PMWebsite
^
ADELAIDE VIVAS
 Posted: Jul 29 2017, 09:24 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
TWENTY-ONE
DESIGNER

high
It hadn't been all that long ago that Addie had sworn to herself that she would never put herself into any future situations with Tristan. She was trying to move on, and while Tristan had never so much as shown an interest in moving on, himself, she always knew that if he maybe tried to do just that, he, too, would find happiness.

Deep down, Addie knew that his happiness (and her happiness) had come from the times that they had spent together and it was well beyond selfish to demand he try and extinguish that happiness only to trade it in for something he didn't want.

In hindsight - which always seemed to be 20/20, did it not? - Addie knew that they could have separated just as amicably as they had, and they could have gone on to do their own thing. Addie could have worked on her fashion lines and Tristan could have pursued whatever it was his life was lacking while they both grew up into the people that they needed to be in order to be together happily.

Had they done that, the time would have come where they could reunite without the drama, the petty fights, the break-ups and the make-ups, but they hadn't been that wise. Instead, they had separated and desperate attempts to move on had been made; even Addie could admit to that much. Jumping into a marriage so quickly wasn't the smartest decision a girl her age could have made for herself, but everything came with a lesson needing to be learned. Everything.

Tristan's words pulled her mind from the thoughts that seemed to be rapidly pacing about, plaguing her mood with the thousands of things she had tried to suppress for the longest time. Her blue eyes finding his as she bit down on her bottom lip gently and shrugged her shoulders.

Truth be told? Addie hadn't given much thought to the actual meal itself when she and Tristan had decided to finally take the steps towards dining together. She had been so damn focused on the conversations that were sure to come about that she hadn't so much as glanced at a menu prior to his arrival.

"I was ravenous before I came; I haven't eaten all day..." Mainly because she had been hoping to have a big dinner since she knew so much conversation would be taking place. If she had a plate to pick at, it'd serve as a decent enough distraction during the harder parts of the conversations sure to come up. "Now I don't think I could stomach anything; I feel like I'm so nervous I could puke..."

A small smile touched her lips as a slight blush found her warm cheeks. She hated that she could still feel this anxious around Tristan after having spent so long separating herself from him and the past they had once shared, but Addie knew better than to try and fight it off. When had that ever worked in her favour?

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
TRISTAN BLACK
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 04:44 PM
TWENTY-ONE
MECHANIC

I will hold you up.
As Addie confessed that she had been ravenous prior to meeting him because she hadn't eaten all day, there was a part of Tristan that wanted to tell her how unhealthy that was and that she needed to take better care of herself, that he needed her to take better care of herself. However, he managed to refain from doing so. She wasn't his property - she wasn't anyone's. She also wasn't his responsibility anymore even if he would never truly cop to that.

Her next words pulled his attention like a magnet and the smile on her face brought a chuckle from his lips. "Oh? So I make you nauseous, now?" he teased in an effort to lighten the mood between them. "I know that I've changed but I didn't think that I had become that ugly," he teased further with a smirk on his lips. Tristan was far from an ugly individual and he know it, even if he chose not to be vain about it.

His eyes watched her features to see how she would react to his teasing remarks. It was impossible to keep the smirk off of his lips though and after a few moments longer, he laughed out loud and shook his head gently back and forth. "Will you at least try? Even if all you do is pick off of my plate?" It wouldn't be the first time she had ever done so and while he may have complained about it a time or two in the past, he wouldn't be opposed this time.

PMWebsite
^
ADELAIDE VIVAS
 Posted: Oct 26 2017, 08:15 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
TWENTY-ONE
DESIGNER

high
Addie knew that Tristan knew he didn't make her nauseous, but she also knew that there was a very, very strong probability that he was likely feeling equally as nervous as she currently was. It wasn't like two exes meeting up to catch up was something that happened very often, nor was it an organic situation, even if it was between two people that had loved - and still loved - each other quite passionately.

If this were a dinner with anyone else, Addie knew that she wouldn't be nearly as anxiety-ridden as she currently was, but how did she communicate that? At what point was it acceptable for them to admit just how twisted this situation really was? Had they stayed in contact, catching up wouldn't have been an issue at all, but both had faulted so greatly and so drastically that almost everything about it felt completely foreign.

That said, she knew that at some point, it would be addressed. It was a painfully awkward thought, knowing that there would be discussions about what had transpired between them, what they had been up to since then, why they hadn't stayed in contact... Nothing about this was meant to be comfortable; that much she knew... but perhaps she had been silently wishing that things would gravitate naturally back into familiar territory without much help.

"You do seem to be growing more facial hair, and I did like the smooth looks back then..." Back when facial hair had been a sign of being too old for someone her age whereas now it was right up her alley, or so it seemed. "So, I wouldn't say that you make me nauseous, but the obvious physical changes are definitely repulsive..." A far cry from the truth - both would surely know that - but the playful teasing between them was definitely help ease her anxiety, so why not keep it going?

Taking a sip of that second glass of wine that she had been holding onto like the holy grail, Addie shook her head gently at Tristan's next words. As tempting as it was to steal a French fry or two from his plate - something she had always done just to push his buttons - the last thing she wanted to do was feed a nauseous stomach something to spit back up, or feed her body something that would soak up the effects of the alcohol she was using to keep herself from crumbling into a nervous wreck.

"I'm probably going to order something to take home and eat later; I'm mostly here for the wine and the desserts..." Because even though she knew she wouldn't be able to stomach an entire meal, Addie sure as hell knew she wouldn't say no to anything chocolate...

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
TRISTAN BLACK
 Posted: Nov 2 2017, 02:04 PM
TWENTY-ONE
MECHANIC

I will hold you up.
Tristan's hand came up to lightly run his fingers against his chin as Addie commented that he seemed to be growing a bit more facial hair and that she had always liked the smoother look. While he did know that she teasing him due to her tone and the fact that she took the joke a step further by calling him repulsive, he still made an internal note to be clean-shaven the next time they got together. He wasn't exactly bushy now - far from it - but he did know that he was a little bit prickly.

A soft scoff left his lips, though a grin tugged at the corners. "Gee, thanks for the ego boost." he teased with a light shake of his head. He watched as she lifted her wine glass and took a sip from it. He suggested that she at least pick at his plate if he ordered something when she made it known that she hadn't really eaten anything but she shook her head. He wanted to tell her that wine wasn't good for an empty stomach but she knew that already. However, while the words did not leave his mouth per se, they did linger in his gaze.

Perhaps it was that unspoken concern that had her speaking up to let him know she might order something to take home and eat later. He tilted his head as if silently challenging that claim but he couldn't help but smirk as she admit that she was mainly there for wine and dessert. "Of course," he replied. It was evident from his tone that he was amused by this portion of her answer.

"How 'bout something chocolate? My treat."

PMWebsite
^
ADELAIDE VIVAS
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 12:44 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
TWENTY-ONE
DESIGNER

high
A beaming smirk found the brunette hybrid's lips as Tristan sarcastically thanked her for the "ego-boost" she had so tauntingly offered him. Truthfully, she thought he was physically appealing with or without the added texture of facial hair, but that went without saying.

"That's what I'm here for!" She could feel that familiar warming from the wine she had already consumed and the glass she continued to sip on. Her chest and her face felt flushed and she could feel that familiar buzz setting in. She wasn't pushing to get wine-drunk during her first meet-up with Tristan; that was the last thing she wanted, but a little bit of a liquored-buzz wasn't going to kill anyone. If anything, it'd only make her a little more eager to open up and talk to him rather than cower beneath the awkwardness of the entire situation.

Already Addie was able to see through his gaze that he wasn't exactly impressed with her choice to forgo food altogether. He knew of her tolerance - how much she could drink before it really started to affect her - and he had always been so damn attuned to every part of her being that she shouldn't have been surprised that he'd be monitoring her even a few minutes into their dinner.

It was her stating that she was mostly there for the wine and the dessert that she knew would have him feeling less worry over her empty stomach. She hadn't even realized that it was her attempt to soothe those worries until she had seen his reaction to her mentioning it.

"I could definitely go for something chocolate..." When couldn't Addie go for something chocolate? Besides, chocolate always went well with wine. "But I don't mind waiting for you to order and eat; you're probably starving."

--------------------
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll