BITTERSWEET FOREVER
DISCORD
IC CHAT
MEMBERS
HELLO THERE, LOVELY! WELCOME TO BITTERSWEET FOREVER
please register your first account as your alias in caps. this account will be the account you link your character(s) to; characters must be registered as first and last names in caps, please.
SEATTLE, WA
SET IN: APRIL, 2018
04/21/18 We are currently in the middle of a website-wide revamp, so please be patient with incomplete content! Our website will remain open to new members during this time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask a member in our c-box, or an admin member via PM!

OH, YOUR TOUCH, SO BITTERSWEET

Add Reply
New Poll

►EXPIRED THREAD DISCLAIMER
shantel ast she/her 28 Offline owner 10 years
8650 POINTS EARNED
11482 POSTS MADE
shan
she/her
site owner
straight
perma-single
libra
PLOT WITH shan
content disclaimer
please read this information thoroughly prior to posting on-site

It is important that everyone actively posting on Bittersweet Forever be actively aware of the following. It's unfortunate that we need to post this up at all, but given hostile interactions we've had with ex-members in the past, it's extremely important that this be communicated from the get-go.

I have been in touch with John (who owns Jcink) about the legal responsibility of a website owner (such as myself) when it comes to a member or an admin member leaving the website and requesting/demanding any/all of their content be stripped from Bittersweet Forever permanently.

It is not 'property' theft, first and foremost, for Bittersweet Forever to continue housing a member or admin member's content after they have left the website. When they posted their content to our website, be it a post in a thread as a character, a canon list, a character application... they gave this forum permission to keep it here so long as I (the website owner) wished to keep it on-site. They also gave Jcink's server the same permission as per the terms of services they agreed to when signing up to any Jcink website:

With respect to any content entered into and stored by Jcink Forum Hosting, the submitting user retains ownership of such content. The submitting user grants Jcink Forum Hosting the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, distribute, perform, and display such content.

The reason this stipulation exists is so users cannot turn around and say "I never gave you permission to have that on your service" and attempt to sue me (the website owner) nor the server we are on (Jcink).

We here at Bittersweet Forever have no obligation to delete a post that the author made simply because "they want it down" and are choosing to cry "infringement" when it's not. Would someone who gave you something be able to cry "theft" if they wanted to take it back? Absolutely not. This situation is about the same.

Please keep this in mind when uploading content. We here at Bittersweet Forever keep almost all posted content even if a member leaves or is asked to leave our website. Obviously this includes (but is not limited to) threads with other members. If this is a problem, feel free to contact me (Shantel) via PM at any time.

--------------------

bittersweet forever - site owner
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

NO SPAM NO ADS NO DRAMA