Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

Our news section is located here; you can find lengthier news updates there while the news updates below are the bare necessities!

You can find the most recent activity check here; activity checks are month-long. You must have at least one post per character submitted before the first of the next month!

You can find the current OTM (of the month) awards here! Be sure to congratulate the members and the admin members of the characters and titles that have been won this month!

Give a warm welcome to both Bri and Pat who have been brought onto Bittersweet Forever's administration team as active website moderators!

All admin members have their own tasks; be sure to check their signatures for information on what their specific tasks are, otherwise you might be redirected.

Add Reply
New Poll

» [IP] I shot for the sky [OPEN]
JERRY MCKAY
 Posted: Feb 1 2016, 07:13 PM
FAERIE
twenty-one
food truck

Her first month in New Orleans went by just like that, and there was still so much for her to do. Her mind buzzing constantly with thoughts which tended to jumble up more than she liked. There was an abundant amount on her plate, and so little time in the day to complete them all. She had intended to get her food truck up and running by the beginning of February, but as January slowly crept to a close, that goal was becoming more and more unlikely.

A small sigh escaped her lips as her shoulder's slumped in disappointment. It was wishful thinking on her part, honestly: purchasing a food truck while also moving on her own into a brand new city? Of course the process was taking so long. Paying rent was doable , but having to get a New Orleans drivers license, then all the permits and cooking equipment for her truck? It was an endless hell of payments and her bank account was really taking the blunt of it. Even with her savings, Jerry needed to find a part-time job until she got her own business up and running - preferably soon.

But what? Was the real question. Desperate times comes with desperate measures. Unfortunately for her, retail stores weren't hiring due to the holiday season coming to a close, and thus causing their businesses to slow down remarkably. Which only left one option for her: the food industry. Now, Jerry obviously had a passion for cooking, but there was a fine-line between owning her own business and working at - let's say - a fast food joint or as a server. Then again, she really couldn't be too picky about her temporary employment - wherever she found it, she'll try to make the best of it. Jerry McKay was just getting started, in fact.

With that being said, Jerry stepped up in line once the customer in front of her left after ordering and receiving their dessert. She then ordered a waffle cone with Belgian chocolate and topped it off with strawberries and hot fudge. Pleased with the outcome of her dessert, she left a hefty tip and went off to enjoy it in peace in an unoccupied bench nearby. But before she dug into her waffle cone, she quickly snapped up a selfie and uploaded it onto her Instagram account. Now this is the life. Jerry thought to herself, a gleeful smile forming on her lips as she took her first bite. Save for having to push everything back because of expenses, she could - will - make it work out in the end. New Orlean's hasn't kicked her to the curb just yet.

PMEmail
^
ANNA-LYNNE ALBRIGHT
 Posted: Apr 23 2016, 09:46 PM
HUNTER
NINETEEN
BALLERINA

user posted image

YOU SAID 'PICK ME UP AT 3AM'; YOU'RE FIGHTING WITH YOUR MOM AGAIN. LAY ME DOWN AND WHISPER IN MY EAR: I HATE MY LIFE, HOLD ON TO ME. OH, IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO LEAVE, THEN I'LL GO, I'LL GO, I'LL GO SOMEWHERE WITH YOU. OH, YEAH.

Anna-Lynne had always, always been the life of any and every party that she had ever graced. She wasn't the sloppy blonde that was falling all over any man that would so much as glance her way - she had been raised with far more class than that, after all. No, instead she was the blonde that had always been able to handle her liquor; the blonde that always had everyone up dancing, laughing and enjoying themselves. Wallflowers weren't allowed to exist anywhere near her.

Granted, her partying days had definitely dulled themselves down a great deal as she entered her twenties and while a great many of her other friends still enjoyed drinking on the weekends, Anna-Lynne's taste had become slightly more conservative. That wasn't to say that she still didn't enjoy a good night out on the city every now and again but, for instance, today? The only partying she had done had been at a friend's baby shower.

Perhaps 'friend' was too strong a term; Anna-Lynne didn't really spend very much time with the women that had been in her birthing classes the year before when she, herself, had been expecting. Still, one of them was expecting their second child and everyone had been invited to celebrate that fact. No alcohol had been served, but that didn't mean that the celebration couldn't be spiced up enough to have everyone actually enjoying themselves.

Dean had been promised a slice of cake when Anna-Lynne had abandoned him at home that day, but she had left the party empty-handed; ice cream was the next best thing and since she knew he'd end up stealing hers if she only came home with her own helping, Anna-Lynne figured she'd replace the promise of cake with the temptations of a cooler (literally) treat.

There was a bit of a line-up which wasn't something that Anna-Lynne could complain much about; she had lived in New Orleans for quite some time now so the blonde understood just how insanely popular Pinkberry was. She was lucky she wasn't waiting outside, as the line sometimes stretched even down the block, rain or shine.

Still, it couldn't be helped that she wished she had made it before any line started forming; her blue eyes glancing to the table she stood closest to as she offered the female sitting there a gentle, joking smile. "I don't suppose I could cheat this line and buy yours our from under you, huh?"

--------------------
My Girlfriend's a dick magnet

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
JERRY MCKAY
 Posted: May 3 2016, 02:55 PM
FAERIE
twenty-one
food truck

If anything, New Orleans has truly taught her to always expect the unexpected. So when a female bystander struck her up with a joking offer to buy hers instead of waiting agonizing in line, the temptation was far too great to let it pass. "I'm actually a packaged deal." Jerry remarked with a sly smirk. "So the real question is: are you willing to put up with little old me? I warn you, I've been known to bite." Clearly her words could have been misinterpreted as shameful flirting, but it was all in good humor.

"So, how about it?" Jerry perched herself up from the table, idly swaying her delicious treat with an outstretched hand in front of woman's lips. "...Or are you going to back out?" She drew her hand back, looking contemplatively at the ice cream cone as if she were debating whether or not to eat it herself. "Tick-Tock goes the clock." She chimed mischievously with a knowing smile.

Truthfully Jerry was willing to surrender her dessert to the woman. She had plenty more dessert waiting back for her in her apartment - as well as dishes to clean. The real backfire with cooking in general.... And honestly, Jerry came into Pinkberry to scope out the competition in the area. It was clear to her that it would definitely be unwise to set up shop nearby this highly popular shop. Granted, a little friendly competition wouldn't hurt - but she needed to make enough profit with her food truck to make her stay afloat and away from bankruptcy. The last thing Jerry wanted was to return back home empty handed and with her dreams crushed.

No, I will get there one day. Jerry quickly dismissed the negative thoughts plaguing her mind. If she did keep up this pessimistic attitude, she will surely fail. Slow and steady always wins the race. She reminded herself. Regardless that her progress wasn't exactly where she would like it to be at the moment, she wasn't keen on giving up. She'll get there no matter what New Orleans threw at her face. Though, sadly, she couldn't say the same about her bank account...

tagged: anna-lynne albright
PMEmail
^
ANNA-LYNNE ALBRIGHT
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 06:27 PM
HUNTER
NINETEEN
BALLERINA

user posted image

YOU SAID 'PICK ME UP AT 3AM'; YOU'RE FIGHTING WITH YOUR MOM AGAIN. LAY ME DOWN AND WHISPER IN MY EAR: I HATE MY LIFE, HOLD ON TO ME. OH, IF YOU EVER DECIDE TO LEAVE, THEN I'LL GO, I'LL GO, I'LL GO SOMEWHERE WITH YOU. OH, YEAH.

There were very, very few times that Anna-Lynne could say she had ever really happened upon someone that had as good a sense of humour as she did. It was a fresh breath of air during those rare instances when someone could take her joking comments and thrive on them, even if she never truly was entirely certain where her own sense of humour had stemmed from.

Her family could most certainly be playful and lighthearted - that was what they were known for, a good portion of the time - but the blonde had always known she had been a bit further outside of the metaphorical box than, say, her brothers or her parents. There wasn't anything wrong with that of course, but it left her unable to find someone able to counter her quick remarks ninety percent of the time.

With a smile touching her painted lips, Anna-Lynne raised a playful eyebrow at the woman's response; that same smile only seeming to grow all the more as the woman taunted her by waving the ice cream cone in front of Anna-Lynne's lips.

"You're bold..." Her soft words were spoken as the treat was pulled back just as quickly as it had been teased in front of the blonde. "Are you always this big of a tease, or am I just the lucky girl?"

It was needless to say that the line that Anna-Lynne had been enduring was quickly forgotten as she stepped out of her place, giving it to whomever had come in behind her as she extended her hand across the other blonde's table. She was well aware that it might seem - for the briefest of moments, at least - that she had been going for the cone but really it was in introduction.

"I'm Anna-Lynne, soon-to-be-ice-cream-thief."

--------------------

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
JERRY MCKAY
 Posted: Jul 30 2016, 12:35 PM
FAERIE
twenty-one
food truck

Bold. If anyone were to ask her to describe herself in one word, that would be the one Jerry Mckay will use. After all, she was a risk taker, and despite her short stature, she had an enormous personality- which, in some cases, evidently gets her into trouble. And reluctant to admit it, she was slowly teetering into that direction. Without a source of income soon, her days in New Orleans may become short lived- and there was no way she was going to go back home with her dreams crushed.

"Oh, no." She shook her head, her free hand resting above her heart with a grin plastered across her lips. "Sorry, but I'm definitely the lucky girl in this situation." It wasn't until when the other woman reached her hand across the table- which, for a split second, Jerry almost thought she was actually going to take her dessert- but instead introduced herself as Anna-Lynne was when she couldn't keep up her straight-face.

Jerry erupted into a fit of giggles and- she daresay - even a snort. "S-sorry, sorry." Her lips twitched dangerously again, but thankfully she managed to collect herself enough to shake Anna's outstretched hand. "I'm Jerry, the so called lucky girl." She winked playfully. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Anna-Lynne. Now, I would generously offer you a seat, but... you seem like you've got places to be?" Considering the line to order wasn't getting any shorter by the minute, unfortunately. And if Anna-Lynne didn't stay in line, she would surely get booted to the back.

"Here, I'll stand with you." Leaving no time for Anna-Lynne to protest against it, Jerry got up from her seat and stood besides the other woman in line. It was then when she felt the touch of a cool liquid running down her thumb, that she had all but forgotten her waffle cone. She embarrassingly shrugged, licking off melted trail of ice cream from her thumb. "So much for that idea." Jerry apologetically muttered, even though they both knew that giving up her cone to Anna-Lynne was all in good humor.

PMEmail
^
ANNA-LYNNE ALBRIGHT
 Posted: Oct 5 2016, 06:43 PM
HUNTER
NINETEEN
BALLERINA

user posted image

A small smirk touched Anna-Lynne's lips as the other female erupted into a fit of giggles. It wouldn't have been much of a shock to anyone that knew Anna-Lynne if she had actually gone and stolen the other girl's dessert, even if only playfully. She had always been a bold and daring individual and had always marched to the beat of her own drum. Even with adulthood looming overhead, that hadn't changed.

It really was Anna-Lynne's pleasure to meet someone that seemed so bubbly, outgoing and genuinely kind there in the city she had decided to call home. The blonde hadn't many female friends - she had grown up with two older brothers and all of their manly (ha!) friends - and, really, had had more experimental girlfriends than female friends, so she was always open to the idea.

She hadn't any time to argue against the other female joining her in line; she would have insisted that Jerry remain seated long enough to to least enjoy her treat but it became very obvious very quickly that the other blonde would have none of that playful argument. Besides, it was a little nice to have some company - someone to talk to - if only to pass the time.

"Well, thank you kindly!" The smile that had found the blonde's lips only seconded that appreciation, of course. Truthfully, it wasn't too often that any stranger went out of their way to be that kind, as sad as that seemed. New Orleans was such a vibrant and lively city, but everyone lived on edge. How could you not when half of the headlines (if not more) centered around the strange murders or disappearances that always seemed to go unsolved? "Just know you might lose your seat; might be a steep price to pay..."

Anna-Lynne's own blue eyes hadn't at all missed the cold, melting ice cream that had begun to drip down the other woman's thumb. It tended to happen when one got caught up in conversation and neglected their cold treat, especially in the South.

Still, it was the drop of ice cream that lingered on the woman's lip that Anna-Lynne's blue eyes lingered on as her own thumb was reaching forward to collect it before the blonde was licking it off her own thumb with a bit of a smirk. Something not many people would do to someone they hadn't known for longer than a few minutes, but Anna-Lynne hadn't ever really cared much for the rules that society had thrust upon the modern world. "See? I have my own ways of still getting a taste..."

--------------------

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
JERRY MCKAY
 Posted: Oct 8 2016, 12:24 PM
FAERIE
twenty-one
food truck

"Nonsense!" Jerry waved the comment off with a small snort. "Your presence itself is a gift. I would be incredibly foolish to leave your side- even it was far more convenient to sit down." Jerry had never been one to let a possible budding friendship leave her grasp. Even more so now, when she was all but still new to this city, she had no friends or family here. Jerry would mentally kick herself if she didn't leave with Anna-Lynee's number or before scheduling another time to meet up. Because who knew if or when they'll have another chance encounter?

Before she could have the chance to inquire about it, Anna-Lynne did something incredibly brazen. Jerry immediately stilled when she felt Anna-Lynne's thumb brush against the corner of her lip, wiping away the small residue of the melted treat that lingered there before retreating her thumb back and licking it off. Jerry's lips parted into a small 'O', her cheeks flushing in embarrassment after being caught off guard- and that didn't happen too often. Normally she would be the one to commit to such brazen acts, but this time, Anna-Lynne got the best of her.

"You-!" Jerry stammered out, hurriedly reaching out to take a hold of Anna-Lynne's hand with her unoccupied one. Her eyes shining brightly with determination while abruptly getting down to one knee regardless of the awkward positioning as she held her cone in the other. Behind her, a patron walking directly behind Jerry, startled after nearly tumbling over her outstretched leg. "Anna-Lynne, will you do me the honors of joining me together in friendship till death do us part?" She held up her cone. "What do you say?"

By now, almost everyone occupying inside PinkBerry Ice Cream Shop was staring at her like a complete lunatic or trying to catch a glimpse of what was going on. There was no going back from this, and Jerry highly doubt she would get banned from here for causing a slight commotion- but if she did, it would all be worth it. Hopefully.

PMEmail
^
ANNA-LYNNE ALBRIGHT
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 06:18 PM
HUNTER
NINETEEN
BALLERINA

user posted image

Anna-Lynne knew all too well just how out-of-the-box she often was; the blonde had always been known to be a bit wild and a bit off-center but it hadn't ever been a trait that had hindered her in life contrary to what others might have thought or assumed. As far as she was concerned, it had been quite the opposite; it had given her a sense of strength that very few others would ever experience for themselves and had helped her through some of the hardest parts of her life while simultaneously managing to better the parts of her life that had already been so good.

Take today, for instance. Had Anna-Lynne ever listened to anyone that told her to calm herself or reign herself in a bit more, she never would have thought to be playful enough with a stranger to spark a conversation. It was those crazy little moments that had introduced her to some of the most important people in her life - like Dean - and there was no way in hell she would ever hold regrets over that.

A beaming, bright smile found the blonde's lips as the victim of her taste test was clearly caught off guard by the brazen act; a small shrug of her shoulders practically pleaded for both Anna-Lynne's innocence and lack of caring for social graces.

It was as the other female lowered herself down onto one knee that that same beaming, bright smile radiated further across Anna-Lynne's face. She didn't at all care that some people had stopped whatever it was that they were doing so they could try and figure out what was going on - from the looks of it on the outside, it likely resembled an actual proposal - but that, too, didn't bother the blonde huntress whatsoever.

A small burst of laughter escaped Anna-Lynne's lips at the other female's request; she could quite easily say that she had never had someone propose friendship to her in quite the same way but the uniqueness of the situation had definitely called for unabashed act.

"I would love to join you together in friendship until death do us part!" Really, one could never have too many friends and given just how new Anna-Lynne still was to the city, it wasn't like she was rolling in friendships day in and day out. "Or should I just say I do?"

--------------------

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll