Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

Our news section is located here; you can find lengthier news updates there while the news updates below are the bare necessities!

You can find the most recent activity check here; activity checks are month-long. You must have at least one post per character submitted before the first of the next month!

You can find the current OTM (of the month) awards here! Be sure to congratulate the members and the admin members of the characters and titles that have been won this month!

Give a warm welcome to both Bri and Pat who have been brought onto Bittersweet Forever's administration team as active website moderators!

All admin members have their own tasks; be sure to check their signatures for information on what their specific tasks are, otherwise you might be redirected.

Add Reply
New Poll

» [IP] You shoulda never come around [INVITES]
ROBERT DUNN
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 02:47 PM
WEREWOLF (COTM)
TWENTY-ONE
CARPENTER

drunk
and i'm feeling down, babe
Vampires were pesky pieces of shit when they wanted to be; Robert would never understand how someone could subject themselves to the monster that lurked just beneath their skin. He, too, knew what it was like to battle a beast; he was a werewolf, after all, was he not? But he didn't let the beast control him. He knew how to differentiate the man from the animal and he chose to live his life with a conscious rather than allow himself to run purely on instinct.

He had saved a life tonight, he should be feeling some shred of lightness or happiness, but the werewolf knew that it wasn't necessarily that easy. He was battling the ins and outs of his own depression - something he thoroughly thanked Fiona for, given the genetics of mental illness - so, at times, the negative emotions by far outweighed the good, even when the good should have been more than enough to win that fight.

Still, it was the anger that vibrated through his body. Anger that such vile creatures continued to exist and make the same fucking choices. Choosing to harm innocent beings for their own selfish gratification and satisfaction. Forcing him to intervene if only to prevent a human from being an unwilling participant in a one-way blood bath; it wasn't his fucking job to patrol the streets, saving potential victims from unwanted supernatural crimes.

Then again, the kid should have never been anywhere near these parts. After the destruction of the Glades - an already shady part of town - why would anyone creep around the back streets in the middle of the night? The kid claimed he was a photographer or some shit like that, but Robert couldn't find himself capable of caring less. He had put himself in danger for the sake of a fucking picture and, in turn, had forced Robert's hand into a battle that he hadn't been so much as anticipating, let alone expecting.

He was stronger and quicker, but the female vampire had been smaller and a touch more agile than he; he had won and had let her escape with her life intact. He could have bitten her as a punishment for so much as daring to attack a human within the city limits, but it was Marcel's job to punish, not Robert's.

His shirt was completely trashed and would be thrown out the moment he got back to his place. The girl had used her fingernails to claw through material and skin, leaving him covered in tears of flesh and rivers of blood and wept down his abdomen beneath the demolished fabric that blew with the cold breeze.

There was a large part of him that wanted to track that girl down and tear her head right off her fucking shoulders, but he didn't want to be the guy that let his anger get the best of him. That had been what had happened with Fiona, after all, had it not? He refused to ever be anything like that woman. Ever.

--------------------
fix yourself; you're making me insane
pmappshiptrackcellinstafbsnaptweettindere-mail
PMEmailWebsite
^
WHITNEY HALE
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 02:59 AM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
EIGHTEEN
SOCIALITE

My weakness is that

I care too much
Tag: Robert Dunn
Although most people considered the glades to be the 'bad' part of town, Whitney found herself fascinated with the improvements that the community had been making after the trauma that it had endured and there were a number of places to check out from the museums and bookstores to bars and cafés. So, as far as the blonde hybrid was concerned; there really wasn't a valid excuse not to explore from time to time.

That was perhaps the most prominent reason that she had been walking down the sidewalk that evening with two plastic bags hanging from her wrist. One of the bags contained a few titles from a local bookstore while the other bag held a styrofoam box with the leftovers from her dinner at a local café.

Her purse hung at her elbow on the opposite arm and her cell phone was in her hand as she prepared to respond to a text using verbal commands. She paused, however, a shiver coursing through her body. Some might have thought it was due to the cool breeze, but the hybrid knew different. Her reaction was due to the scent of blood in the air.

Tucking her phone into her pocket, Whitney's blue eyes looked up ahead of her to see if she could locate the source of the smell. Almost involuntarily, she began to make her way toward it until the culprit's silhouette came into her line of sight. Narrowing her gaze as if to see more clearly, the blonde's expression soon shifted into one of confusion.

"Robert?" She wasn't really sure why, but he'd been the last person that she had expected to see around there, let alone the last person that she had expected to smell so strongly of fresh blood. The sight of him took her by surprise as she neared him. "What the hell happened to you?"

"You know what, it doesn't even matter. We should get you cleaned up, though." The idea that he might not want her help didn't quite cross her mind. Not that she would have allowed him to get away with that right then anyway. He looked awful.

THANKS!
PMWebsite
^
ROBERT DUNN
 Posted: Apr 14 2017, 12:47 PM
WEREWOLF (COTM)
TWENTY-ONE
CARPENTER

drunk
Robert knew that there was a risk of having someone take notice to the fact that he was covered in blood; walking through any part of the city after a fight - one he hadn't been expecting, at that - ran that risk, but it was one that he had had to take. Shifting just so he could get back to the Bayou meant that Davina would sense something was amiss and the last thing that Robert needed was to be practically crucified in the city square by Marcel and his band of idiots.

Still, he hadn't quite been expecting the first curiosity in regards to his current condition to belong to someone that rang familiar with the male werewolf. He hadn't seen neither Whitney nor Roslyn in quite some time; they hadn't been overly close in Italy, but somewhere between leaving New Orleans (back when they had lived here the first time) and relocating to Europe, there had been a bit of a camaraderie between he and the youngest of the Hale twins.

Most of the camaraderie revolved around Whitney's then-interest in his older brother, Sean. He still never really knew if the two had dated, or had been wanting to date, but the end result had been Sean getting into a relationship with Tyson (who was very much male) which spawned the 'Whitney turns men gay' joke, way back when.

After that, they just drifted their own ways. Robert had never thought anything of it; she was a seemingly cool girl from a seemingly cool family of vampires; he had never been saddened by the loss of communication. They had only ever really talked online a few times, but it had been all in fun. Hell, he hadn't even known that she and her sister had moved back to New Orleans along with the rest of the masses, but it was still nice to see that she was doing somewhat well for herself; at least well enough to still be alive and kicking.

He had smelled the hybrid long before he had seen her; he wouldn't lie: he had wanted to run for it and avoid the situation altogether. That was simply because Robert wasn't the type to flaunt his injuries to those around him in hopes of gaining some sympathy or praise for his unintentional heroism...

But Robert knew that she, like him, was supernatural and if he had been able to pick up her scent, she had most certainly picked up his, likely after the strong scent of blood that she was most sensitive to as a hybrid.

Heaving a heavy sigh, Robert ran a hand through his mussed hair. He knew that there was no chance in hell he'd be able to make a clean escape, and there was less of a chance of convincing her that he was as fit as a fiddle and didn't need any help. This realization set in more so after she began prodding, wanting to know what had happened to him

He had been opening his mouth to reply to her when she cut him off, letting him know that it didn't matter. One of his eyebrows shot up in surprise at her boldness; he hadn't at all expected her to take charge like she was, and he certainly hadn't expected her to want to help him get cleaned up. Perhaps somewhere safe, but he had assumed that would be his own place where he could clean himself up.

"Hey, the last time you tried to get one of the Dunn boys naked, you had him wishing it really was raining men..."

--------------------
PMEmailWebsite
^
WHITNEY HALE
 Posted: May 1 2017, 11:49 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
EIGHTEEN
SOCIALITE

My weakness is that

I care too much
It had been quite a long time since the blonde hybrid had seen the dark haired werewolf and while the loss of communication between them hadn't necessarily hindered her life in any way, she would have been lying if she had said that she didn't occasionally miss his snarky sense of humor. He wasn't the only person in her life who knew how to make her laugh without really putting much effort into it but she had found herself harboring a tiny bit of a crush back in the day even in spite of his teasing remarks about turning his brother gay.

Perhaps she had simply enjoyed the attention at the time, even though they had only spoken online a few times and had spent time together in person even less than that. In her younger years, she had craved attention like it was going out of style despite the fact that she received plenty of it from her twin, her best friend, and her family. Looking back now, it seemed silly and she wouldn't have been able to explain it if anyone had ever asked her because she didn't know the answer in the present any more than she had known it in the past.

Whatever the reason, she would have been glad to see him again had it not been under such graphic circumstances. His blood was quite potent and she could smell a lot of it which concerned her. Even if they had only really been sort-of friendly in the past, the fact that he was her best friend's brother was enough to have her wanting to help him get somewhere safe and get cleaned up.

As he spoke up when she neared him and told him as much, the blonde rolled her eyes at him. "You wish I wanted to get you naked." She couldn't help but eye his tattered shirt and his bleeding wounds as she finished snarking in reply to his own comment. "Well, you can either risk turning gay or you can stand here and bleed out. Your choice."

Except, it really wasn't. He could try to tell her that he didn't want help but there was no way on earth that Whitney was going to just walk away and leave him bleeding in the street.

THANKS!
PMWebsite
^
ROBERT DUNN
 Posted: May 27 2017, 11:07 PM
WEREWOLF (COTM)
TWENTY-ONE
CARPENTER

drunk
There was no denying that Benedict Dunn's sons had just as much an issue with requesting for help as he always had; Ben had been stubborn when it came to himself, his health and his safety and that had passed onto his children tenfold.

Some of the others dealt with it a bit better than Robert did; he was the spitting image of his father and prayed on a daily basis that he wouldn't ever be anything like his mother. It was hard, shaking off some of his father's worse traits; living in such a secluded area and not feeling comfortable enough to socialize with the small circle of people he had grown to trust, for example, was proving to be harder than he had ever anticipated to shrug off.

His siblings visited and he did still talk to the few friends he had made. Well, Alexia mainly... and even that was scarce. It wasn't her fault; he had pulled away from her just as much as anyone else purely out of discomfort and a slight tinge of fear, but wasn't that how it always went? He didn't want to burden anyone and he sure as hell didn't ever want to find himself in another situation where someone he had trusted - like his uncle's friend Justin - was fucking someone Robert had given his heart to. Not that he had ever expected Alexia to do that - not that they had ever really been anything more than a one-night-stand - but she deserved more of him than he had given her. He knew that.

And now here was one of the few people he had ever really cared to speak to blowing back into his life in the smallest of ways. Truth be told, he had no idea where Whitney had sneaked off to; maybe she had been caught back in Italy as a few had chosen to stay back and finish tying up their loose ends. Maybe she had been in New Orleans but - like Robert - had chosen to keep to herself. He supposed it didn't matter; it wasn't like they had ever been more to each other than a few conversations and a hell of a lot of jokes, but it was still nice to see her familiar face, regardless.

"I don't think I'm going to bleed out..." His words were gruff but conclusive: the cuts were deep and would have surely been fatal to a human, but Robert was the furthest thing from; he'd heal... perhaps a bit slower than normal given the physical exertion during the fight with the vampire, but the bleeding would stop before it became a matter of life and death.

That didn't mean infection couldn't set in; his immune system was stronger than a human's but that didn't leave him immune to bacteria. If an infection spread too quickly and too thoroughly, he was just as susceptible to septicemia as anyone.

Regardless, he knew he had to get out of the streets while he was looking like this. The last thing that he needed was someone calling the police or an ambulance and for questions to be raised about what had happened, when it had happened and why he was healing the way he was healing. That was a sure way to end up on the receiving end of Marcel's vast list of punishments...

"Well, given Sean's no longer batting for the same team, we do have a quota in our family to fill..." But everyone knew that Robert was the furthest thing from gay. Unwilling to put himself back out there, absolutely, but definitely not gay.

"Do you have a place around here or is your big plan to get me alone in an alley somewhere so you can work your voodoo?"

--------------------
PMEmailWebsite
^
WHITNEY HALE
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 11:39 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
EIGHTEEN
SOCIALITE

My weakness is that

I care too much
"Fine, maybe I'm exaggerating but you look awful and people are going to ask questions if they see you like this. So, unless you feel like trying to answer them .... " She trailed off as her blue eyes looked him over once more before she began to scan their surroundings. They seemed to be safe for the time being but someone could walk upon them at any moment.

His next words had the blonde quirking an eyebrow in response. "Oookay ..." she responded, "That's more likely to be Claire than you." She wasn't sure what had made her come to that rapid conclusion but it made more sense to her than the idea of Robert ever becoming gay. She shook her head slightly, unable to help but find amusement in his claim in spite of the fact that it wasn't exactly funny under the present circumstances.

As the subject changed, Whitney shot Robert a bit of a look in reply to his question. "My voodoo?" Rolling her eyes once more, the blonde hybrid held out her hand. "Will you just come on? I don't have a place here but my car is close by. We can at least get you out of the public eye and head somewhere else."

THANKS!
PMWebsite
^
ROBERT DUNN
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 06:52 PM
WEREWOLF (COTM)
TWENTY-ONE
CARPENTER

drunk
As much as Robert hated to admit it, he knew that Whitney was right. Should someone in law enforcement see him running around with deep gashes about his torso, they'd have more questions and he'd have no answers.

It wasn't like he'd be able to explain that a malicious vampire had tried to kill a kid in the Glades and he had intervened at the cost of his own safety. It also wasn't like he could accept medical help - which they'd surely call - as there were too many factors about being a werewolf that prevented him from seeing a routine doctor in a routine hospital.

As the blonde hybrid jumped to the conclusion that Claire was the most likely to be gay than he, Zach or Brianna, his eyebrows quirked up curiously. It was a safe assumption, he supposed... Claire had been a party-girl not all that long ago, so who was to say that after a few drinks or exposure to the wrong kind of drug she wouldn't be crawling into another girl's bed?

"Actually, Claire's been barking up the ploy-amorous tree lately." That made her sound like she was nothing more than a hussy trying to bed more than one guy at a time. While some had thought that was exactly what she had been doing when it had first come to light, Robert and the rest of his family had always known better. "She met two guys - a set of best friends - that seem to be okay with her dating both of them. Pretty solid guys, I guess; they're great to her and great with the kids."

Basically, he was a step up from the asshole that Jacy had turned out to be to both Claire and his own kids.

Perhaps that was a conversation for another time and another place; there was no use involving himself in conversations that centered around catching up with Whitney when it was growing more and more likely that someone would cross their paths only to question Robert's current state.

His green eyes were on the blonde woman's hand as she extended it towards him; she was rushing him, even if only just ever so slightly, but Robert understood why.

Instead of giving her his hand to hold as she reached out for him, Robert instead took control - as all of Ben's kids did purely out of their common nature - and took her hand into his and began leading her, despite having absolutely no idea where her car was. What he did know was that he would be the one behind the wheel; he wasn't entirely good at being a passenger...

"We can drive back to my place. That way, if this thing decides to follow, I'll at least have back-up while I heal." Not that he'd ever want to drag a family member into a fight he could have avoided - at the cost of an innocent human's life - but he knew it was better to take down a threat together than to face it alone.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsite
^
WHITNEY HALE
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 04:28 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
EIGHTEEN
SOCIALITE

My weakness is that

I care too much
While Whitney had to admit that it was a bit odd to be hearing that her best friend was now in a polyamorous relationship, the thing that felt the oddest to her was that she hadn't already known. There was a time when she and Claire had essentially been attached at the hip. Although, it was true that as they had both grown and followed different paths in their lives - sometimes those lines of communication could suffer. Still, she felt a nagging need to bridge that gap as she listened to Robert continue to give her a bit of insight into that situation.

It wasn't something they could afford to dwell on though. She didn't know what or who had attacked him and the longer that they spent standing there, the more chances there were of that thing showing up or actual people spotting them and asking questions that neither of them would be able to answer. So, the blonde held out her hand and expressed that her car was close by. She was rushing him, if only a little bit.

She coudn't say that she wasn't surprised when he took control instead of allowing her to do so, but as he grabbed her hand in his and started leading her away, she made it a point to let her blue eyes glance around them both. "That way." she pointed, wanting to make sure they didn't end up going in the wrong direction and having to turn back around. The more time they wasted, the less time they had to make a clean get-away.

THANKS!

PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll