Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

Our news section is located here; you can find lengthier news updates there while the news updates below are the bare necessities!

You can find the most recent activity check here; activity checks are month-long. You must have at least one post per character submitted before the first of the next month!

You can find the current OTM (of the month) awards here! Be sure to congratulate the members and the admin members of the characters and titles that have been won this month!

Give a warm welcome to both Bri and Pat who have been brought onto Bittersweet Forever's administration team as active website moderators!

All admin members have their own tasks; be sure to check their signatures for information on what their specific tasks are, otherwise you might be redirected.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» [IP] Slow Dancing in a Burning Room [OPEN]
BETHANY MARQUEZ
 Posted: Jan 18 2016, 07:10 PM
HUMAN
THIRTY
DANCER

Bethany had been living her dreams of dancing professionally for as long as she could remember but teaching it was a hundred times more rewarding. As she held a few sewing pins between her teeth and helped three of her students that had gathered around her to get their costumes altered, Bethany reflected on most of what had happened in 2015. She'd moved to a new city with her only son, got herself engaged and now she was helping one of the dear, dear friends she had made in New Orleans start over with his dance studio. For now, though, her thoughts were left behind to concentrate on the task at hand and that was to get these costumes done. The right size would not wait another day. After the three students had moved away once she got their measurements right, the dark-skinned dance instructor glances around the room. Bethany loved working here and probably would until she retired from instructing dance altogether. Her gaze then drifted over to the door then up to the window before she stands and moves around the room to stretch her legs a bit. As she walked, Bethany began to calculate in her head the amount of money it would take to pay for everything, and now that she & Derek had a joint bank account, she would probably take some of the money in the account she had for Lucas out & pay for the costumes that way.

It wasn't her favorite option since she'd saved up most of that money from dancing for big money in the past; one she wasn't proud of for doing but she still had to support Lucas and herself. Bethany was determined not to become her mother, and abandon her own child with his father. No, she had found love in the long run and was determined to stick with him for the rest of their lives.

--------------------
I just want you to know
I want you to know. All that I have is all that I forgot to say. I want you to know. I didn't go. All that I have is all that made you run away.
PMEmailWebsite
^
OPHELIA PRYCE
 Posted: Apr 5 2016, 05:20 PM
HUMAN
TWENTY-ONE
UNEMPLOYED

GOODBYE MY FRIEND; I KNOW YOU'RE GONE, YOU SAID YOU'RE GONE, BUT I CAN STILL FEEL YOU HERE. KEEP IT STRONG BEFORE THIS PAIN TURNS INTO FEAR. AN ANGEL SENT TO ME.
Living in England for the vast majority of her life had been a blessing - a gift - that Ophelia had never taken for granted. Her father had been (and still was) the head of security for the royal family and was good friends, because of that, with the King and the Queen of England. That alone had opened up so many doors for Ophelia that so many would always have closed on them.

Travelling to exotic locations close behind the royal family, spending so much time in the palace and watching the lives of real life royalty evolve and adapt to the way the world was functioning today was a thing of beauty, there was absolutely no denying that.

Her mother's death had shocked the world. Bullets meant for the King had all missed as Ophelia's father had shoved the King out of harm's way, but her mother hadn't been as lucky. As she tried to dive for cover, a stray bullet, again, meant for the King, had found her and had taken her from their lives far too soon.

There were a lot of things, looking back, that Ophelia regretted when it came to her mother. As a child, her mother had been her only enemy, at least in Ophelia's eyes. Constantly telling her what she could and shouldn't do, catching her when she was doing those very things that she was told to refrain from... Ophelia hadn't meant to be a troublesome child - a curious child - but it had resulted in a bond with her mother that was unbreakable. Her mother had become her best friend and that was a gift that Ophelia would treasure even with her mother no longer part of her world.

Jasper - Ophelia's twin brother - dealt with the loss of their mother in his own ways. He decided to follow in their father's footsteps and was currently acting as the princess of England's bodyguard whereas Ophelia struggled with the loss of her mother more than she cared to admit to. She had given up dancing, reading, laughing, nine times out of ten... It was hard to enjoy the things she had once loved - that her mother had once encouraged - with her mother gone.

The pain and the aggravation would always be there, there was no way to shrug it off permanently, but Ophelia was finding that it was becoming more and more suffocating to avoid the things she had loved. To avoid the memories that her mother had left behind in hopes of forgetting about her altogether, just to avoid the heartache that came with remembering her.

Instead, Ophelia was currently reading her mother's favourite books. Books that her father had packed up and stored in hopes that Ophelia would be able to get to a point in her life when she would want some of her mother's old possessions. She was watching the movies that her father always said had been her mother's favourites... because even when she tried to forget her mother - even though she knew her mother was gone - she still felt her there with her every single day.

Setting her bag down onto the shiny hardwood floor, Ophelia had thought that she'd have the courage to push herself back into dancing today. She had packed her leggings, her music... everything that she had kept in that same bag over the last couple of years because she couldn't stand the thought of parting with such a huge piece of her life permanently...

But it was suffocating.

Seeing a dance instructor with students that were as young as Ophelia had been when she had first started out. Knowing that their mothers had likely signed them up for dance classes... Knowing that, if these little girls grew up to dance professionally as Ophelia had been doing, their mother's would be rooting them on. Sitting in at every practice, dance recital... Texting them to remind them to practice...

She couldn't breathe. Maybe that was an understatement, because it felt as though she lost the ability to even remember how to breathe altogether. One hand resting on her stomach as if the simple touch would encourage her body to take in a single breath, but it wouldn't.

Her bag was abandoned inside as Ophelia pushed the doors open and pushed herself outside into the cold air, hoping the sting of the wind would snap her out of whatever this was, but it wasn't. Was this anxiety? Fear? A panic attack? The latter, Ophelia had never experienced before so she wouldn't know for certain, but it was a safe assumption.

She was sweating - overheating - so the blonde was kneeling on the ground, hoping that her bare knees on the wet, cold ground would be enough to chill her body back into submission. Small pieces of logic desperately trying to form a grip on everything else that her mind was doing that was so far out of her control.

Her agonized breathing was reaching a new, frightening level of practically not existing; her fingers twisting tightly in the loose cotton shirt that she had worn to the dance studio. It hurt; everything did. Not being able to breathe... thinking that she'd was strong enough to face this massive part of her life that her mother had always been such a huge part of on her own... It physically hurt.

--------------------
i'll never be royal; doesn't run in my blood

THat kind of lux just ain't for us; we crave a different kind of buzz. Let me be your ruler; you can call me queen bee. baby i'll rule. Let me live that fantasy.

PMEmailWebsite
^
BETHANY MARQUEZ
 Posted: Apr 7 2016, 03:33 PM
HUMAN
THIRTY
DANCER

Bethany had spotted the blonde just moments before one of her students had pointed her out, considering there were reflective mirrors in the studio owned by one of her dearest and best friends. Getting to her feet, Bethany followed the girl outside and found her kneeling on the ground. Despite coming to a stop just a few feet from the girl, Bethany kept her distance from the girl to give her space to breathe or do whatever she needed to do to calm herself down. Bethany had seen the signs before, ones where the young woman was mourning a heavy loss of someone who had inspired her to feel like she could. Those all too familiar telltale signs that Bethany had went through herself as a child growing up in Chicago to a single parent that would later abandon her, leave her behind to be raised by a loving family. But she was doing ten times what her mother had done to her, raising her precious little boy with a man that she loved and that loved her just as much. She wasn't repeating the cycle that her mother had put her through. “Miss? Is everything alright?”] Bethany can't help but ask in a cautious manner, wanting to make sure she was okay before she returned to the dancers she had asked one of her assistants to watch just before rushing out after the blonde-haired woman.

--------------------
I just want you to know
I want you to know. All that I have is all that I forgot to say. I want you to know. I didn't go. All that I have is all that made you run away.
PMEmailWebsite
^
OPHELIA PRYCE
 Posted: May 12 2016, 10:51 PM
HUMAN
TWENTY-ONE
UNEMPLOYED

GOODBYE MY FRIEND; I KNOW YOU'RE GONE, YOU SAID YOU'RE GONE, BUT I CAN STILL FEEL YOU HERE. KEEP IT STRONG BEFORE THIS PAIN TURNS INTO FEAR. AN ANGEL SENT TO ME.
It took Ophelia a few long moments - although they felt less like moments and more like days - to realize that someone else was sharing the space she had tried to claim as her own out of pure desperation. Still, whoever it was that approached chose not to get close to Ophelia which was something that she was able to appreciate even if everything else was failing to make much sense to her right then and there.

The blonde had never had a panic attack in her life which was actually quite shocking given just how intense and, at times, stressful her life could sometimes be. Her brother Jasper was always the one looking out for her, though. Always ensuring that he took the brunt of whatever it was that was going on; he helped their father with the funeral arrangements for their mother so that Ophelia wasn't subjected to those hard decisions. He worked to support her when she was finishing up her education so that she didn't have to sacrifice her spare time that would be better used to study...

Her brother was her rock. She wasn't entirely sure where her life would be without Jasper and truth be told? She never wanted to be put into a position where she had to find out. It was hard for her to think that maybe she hadn't been his rock, not when he was too busy being hers. That maybe he had had to go everything alone and without someone to lean on... It was why she hesitated even bringing him into this situation; why should he have to endure another one of Ophelia's downfalls?

Yet as the woman asked her if everything was alright, trying to have her get a hold of Jasper (or, lets face it, 911) was the first thing that was creeping into her mind and was currently the only thing that was making a shred of sense.

Her purse - as well as its contents - were spilled out around her on the wet ground; something she didn't overly care about right now. Her fingernails were tinted with crimson red, much as her chest was. Not because of anything dire, of course, but from where her fingernails had been digging into the pale skin of her chest out of pure desperation. The blood, though, wasn't something she even took notice to.

Still, one of her pale, shaking hands was reaching out towards the phone that she knew she wouldn't be able to reach from where she was. Nor would she be able to place a call correctly when she still wasn't able to breathe. Instead, she hoped that by at least pointing to her cell phone that this woman could either call her 'In Case of Emergency' contact - which just so happened to be her brother Jasper - or at least call for help while Ophelia wavered between sobbing and trying to gasp for a single breath.

--------------------

THat kind of lux just ain't for us; we crave a different kind of buzz. Let me be your ruler; you can call me queen bee. baby i'll rule. Let me live that fantasy.

PMEmailWebsite
^
BETHANY MARQUEZ
 Posted: May 26 2016, 11:29 AM
HUMAN
THIRTY
DANCER

Bethany had seen enough people in her thirty years of living to know that there was a difference between people needing help and people wanting help. This woman seemed to be one of those in the latter category and so when Bethany saw the younger woman pointing toward the cell phone in the middle of the items from inside her purse, she jumped into action. Grasping the cell phone in her slender, dark chocolate fingers, the dance studio manager carefully thumbed one finger across the screen. “In Case of Emergency” popped up loud and clear and Bethany pressed the button to call the number. “Hello, this is Bethany Marquez. I have a young woman here who has your number listed as her emergency contact. I'm at the Plie Dance Studio.” The tone of voice she spoke in was gentle and didn't waver as she spoke to the person on the other end of the line. Despite everything that was going on in her life, Bethany was determined to get through this day right now and put one foot in front of her. She wanted to it happen one at a time but would have to make everything happen by meeting it all halfway.

--------------------
I just want you to know
PMEmailWebsite
^
OPHELIA PRYCE
 Posted: Jun 13 2016, 04:16 PM
HUMAN
TWENTY-ONE
UNEMPLOYED

Ophelia knew firsthand that there were some people in the world who were always ready, willing and able to assist someone when a situation called for it. She also knew firsthand that there were a great many who weren't; some people preferred not to get their hands dirty by jumping into business that didn't belong to them. Others simply didn't care enough about their fellow strangers to weigh in on their lives when said lives were in jeopardy.

Her own father was the head of royal security in England; he had raised Ophelia to always, always understand that her own life wasn't permanent; every life came with an expiration date so it was imperative to make her life count for something. To always lend a hand, stop when someone needed help, weigh in on a situation that wasn't her own if it meant righting a wrong or ensuring someone's safety.

Needless to say... It was nice to see that someone held those same beliefs. Ophelia couldn't at all be certain that this woman was raised to help those around her as profoundly as Ophelia had been - maybe she was just born with a metaphorically big heart - but either way? Ophelia could feel the gratitude through the numb, suffocating panic she felt.

She also felt relief when she heard the woman verbalizing the situation who someone who had answered her 'In Case of Emergency' contact who Ophelia already knew to be her own brother. Jasper cared for her more than most people ever would or ever could... He wouldn't ask this woman to drop her off somewhere - like a hospital - in hopes that someone could assist her. He had always been the type to be a mere minute away; the first to show up when she needed him the most.

The blonde was feeling more hazy now than numb; she wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. It was hard for her to focus on one thing for too long without it becoming a blurry mess and by that point, her skin felt like it was on fire. She had never really endured a panic attack quite this extensive; she had no idea if there were steps she had to endure to get to the end of it but right then and right there? It felt never-ending.

Her hands guided the rest of her body fully down onto the cold concrete as she struggled to take in longer breaths, with little success. The cold, dampness of the ground beneath her was more than welcoming; if anything, it was something to focus on until her brother was able to get to her.

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
JASPER FROST
 Posted: Jul 2 2016, 08:41 PM
HUMAN
Twenty Six
Bodyguard

There weren’t many people in the world that Jasper cared about. In fact, he really only had three. His father, because he never stopped caring about him, no matter the terms they were on. Eleanor, because he loved her, though he didn’t say it enough, he did. And his sister, Ophelia, who he knew if anything ever was to happen to her, he would lose himself.

For the longest time it was always him and his sister together. It wasn’t as if they didn’t have their parents or friends, but in the end of the day she was the person that really understood him. There wasn’t nothing in his life that he wouldn’t do for her. And that came to a test when their mother had passed away.

Jasper had taken on a lot when their mother had died. He had helped his father with the arrangements, pushing back his own grief to make sure his father and sister were okay. And then after , he took on the responsibility of paying for Ophelia’s education costs. He wouldn’t lie and say that it had been easy to deal with, but if asked if he would do it again, he would say yes, every time.

But he knew that while he tried to take as much of the grief and sadness and stress that he could from his sister, that there was nothing he could do to ever take it all away. There were things that his sister had given up herself to deal with those emotions. One of the big ones had been her dancing, Jasper knew that it was because dancing was just a constant reminder of their mother. And if he had been in his right mind when he was listening to the call, he would have been shocked to hear the place his sister was.

He didn’t have time to be shocked though, instead he gave a quick response to the woman on the phone. ”I am on my way. “ before he rushed out the doors and into his car to drive the distance to the dance studio. He was pretty sure he broke a few traffic laws when it came to speeding and stop signs, but to him it was worth it if he got to his twin sister faster. He did take a moment though at a stop light on the way there to take a breath and calm himself. He couldn’t take care of his sister, whatever was happening to her, if he was losing his cool and control. He needed to be in charge of the situation so he could get her out of there as soon as possible.

He threw the car into park as he pulled into the lot outside the dance studio, his heart stopping for a moment when he saw his sister laying on the ground. He pushed that aside quickly as he saw her still breathing…or trying to. Jasper rushed over to her till he was there kneeling by her side, hand going to her shoulder to show he was here. His gaze went to the woman next to his sister for a moment ”What happened.”

While he waited for the answer from the stranger he bent down till he could speak to his sister in a calm voice, struggling to swallow down his own worry. Ophelia, I’m here. You have to tell me what happened. And you got to breathe. Deep , slow breaths.” He slid his hand under hers, noticing the red tint to them that made his heart beat faster in worry. ”Squeeze my hand tight and try and breathe, as hard as you can. Focus on that”

--------------------
If you only knew my plans,if you only knew who I am
I've got cold, heart, cold hands,Make you want to be where I am. If you only knew my plans.Oh, if you only knew who I am.Late at night I lie awake just thinking about your pretty face.Normally, I'd break your heart.I'd love every minute, tear you apart. I'll never leave you on the wire,So let me touch your fire.Oh, I'm cold, sick and I'm tired.So baby, let me touch your fire
PMAIM
^
BETHANY MARQUEZ
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 09:22 AM
HUMAN
THIRTY
DANCER

The man who came running up asked Bethany what happened and she took a deep breath. “She walked into the dance studio that you see behind me and it seemed like she wanted to ask about a dance class, but ended up running out,” she replied, her voice steady and unwavering. Bethany didn't want to get too close so she opted in staying where she was at, but still glanced around worriedly. “Do I have permission to go back inside, or will I need to answer more questions?” She didn't want to leave her assistant with her students for too long; they got antsy if they didn't have something to do. Bethany waited for a few minutes until she got an answer, silently checking her phone for any kind of messages that her assistant needed a break but found none so she knew that her assistant was doing just fine. She still worried, though. It must have been that her engagement to Derek and being a mother to Lucas made her an even bigger worrywart than she'd imagined being. But Bethany wouldn't give her life with her fiance or her son up for anything. She loved them both so much that she'd never once give up the life she'd made with them both.

--------------------
I just want you to know
PMEmailWebsite
^
OPHELIA PRYCE
 Posted: Jul 11 2016, 10:50 PM
HUMAN
TWENTY-ONE
UNEMPLOYED

There were a lot of good people left in this world, even if Ophelia sometimes felt otherwise after losing her mother to a senseless shooter. The kind woman (whose name she wasn't sure she had even gotten) was a prime example of those good, kindhearted people that did still linger somewhere out there.

She wasn't at all sure why that very woman had felt the need to come out and check on her, but she was eternally grateful that she had because the one person she had been able to call - Ophelia's brother Jasper - was just as kind a human being, just slightly too serious for it to immediately shine through his stony facade.

Ophelia truly hoped that someday she would be able to work through all the demons that had been forced into her life so that she could allow herself to actually come to a dance studio just like this one and actually enjoy herself. She had loved dancing so damn much; her heart ached every now again from the lack of it in her life.

If that day ever did arrive, Ophelia hoped that this woman would still be an active dancer (or teacher) there. If only so she could thank her properly but the best case scenario would be that Ophelia could potentially form an actual friendship with the woman that could have potentially saved her life out of the kindness of her heart.

Shaking her head, Ophelia had absolutely no idea to answer Jasper's questions. She knew that he dealt with his pain - his loss - in ways that Ophelia had never been able to fully comprehend; he didn't break down like she did. He was able to hide his emotions and turn them into anger that he could use within his position - his role - as a royal bodyguard. Some days... all days, she wished she could be as strong as he was.

The blonde could feel her brother's hand squeezing her shoulder gently; a silent confirmation that he had made it and that despite everything - despite what she might be feeling - she was safe. She feared that feeling of complete and utter safety would dissipate if she opened up in the middle of the panic that refused to ease. Ophelia knew that she would break down into a fit of sobs that would take her breath away as much as her panic attack currently was and if that happened? She could very well see herself needing to be sedated at the nearest hospital.

Maybe that would make it all go away.

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
JASPER FROST
 Posted: Oct 11 2016, 02:09 AM
HUMAN
Twenty Six
Bodyguard

Jasper could feel his worry growing in him, the longer that he kneeled next to his sister, seeing exactly how bad it was for her. He knew that if anyone were to look at him in that moment , they’d see that raw emotion of worry and fear on his face, something that he usually would try and hide behind a blank face. But when it came to his sister, he didn’t care who saw the emotions, because he’d be lost without her.

He didn’t know if she knew exactly how much he needed her, how much she meant to him. That was his fault. He knew what he showed the world, and that would be nothing. It was easier for him to wrap up all his emotions into a small package and keep them hidden behind a mask of indifference. It was how he processed them, how he dealt with them, but it left many people believing that he didn’t have any at all.

But one of the few people that he felt free to express his emotions, when he could, was right there in front of him , in obvious pain and panic. All he wanted to do right now in that moment was find a way to help her, to help fix this.

His gaze turned from his sister to the woman asking if she could go inside before turning back to the important matter at had ”Thank you for your help.” She could go inside if she really wanted to that bad, or stay, all he cared about was trying to help Ophelia through this panic attack and how to get her out of here.

Trying to keep his voice calm and comforting, Jasper kept his hand on his sister in some way as he spoke. So long as he kept touching her it gave them both , he felt comfort. Her in knowing she wasn’t alone, and him knowing that his sister was still alive and breathing under his hand.

It was obvious, and Jasper should of known this, that his sister wasn’t in any condition to be answering the question he asked her. He could find out what happened in detail later if she wanted to talk about it once this was over. He would be there to listen, to comfort, to help her, and if she didn’t want to talk, he would still be there to comfort and take her mind off of this incident.

But first things first was to get his sister out of there and to help her calm down and breathe. ”I’m right here Ophelia. I’m not going anywhere, I won’t leave your side, I promise.” He moved so one of his hands that wasn’t on her shoulder, was slipping under her grasp so she could hold on to his hand.

”Do you want to go to the hospital? You don’t have to speak, you can nod. If not we can go to my place, no one’s there it’s just you and me, and I won’t leave you. Just like I wont leave you if we go to the hospital. I’ll always be with you. “

--------------------
If you only knew my plans,if you only knew who I am
I've got cold, heart, cold hands,Make you want to be where I am. If you only knew my plans.Oh, if you only knew who I am.Late at night I lie awake just thinking about your pretty face.Normally, I'd break your heart.I'd love every minute, tear you apart. I'll never leave you on the wire,So let me touch your fire.Oh, I'm cold, sick and I'm tired.So baby, let me touch your fire
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll