Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

We currently have two holiday plots happening! The S.S.R.'s new year's eve party and the satanic bonfire. Members are able to join both or either plot!

Given we are currently undergoing a massive website revamp, we ask that you keep tabs on things that are being updated or changed. You can assess an updated thread of the revamp's progress by clicking here.

Happy holidays and a marvellous new year to all!

Add Reply
New Poll

» Fight when you feel like flying, @KAIRI MCAVOY
MICHAEL FASSBENDER
 Posted: Jul 28 2016, 05:43 PM
HUMAN
THIRTY-FIVE
Heir

Michael Fassbender was like an onion-he had many layers to him and occasionally he stunk and made you cry. From outside appearances he may seem like just a frivolous rich man and he was wealthy, yes. But he always had a purpose behind his actions. He didn't go out and do things or spend money just because he was rich. He had his motives and intentions.

One thing about not working was that he got bored. He could only harass his best friend James at the office for so many hours during the day. They got tired of him and so did he, really. He didn't want to overstay his welcome, so he'd stop by for lunch or dinner if they were in late but otherwise, he was left to his own devices throughout the day.
>
Much of his time was spent doing charity work, though he didn't quite announce that. Not that he was ashamed, but it wasn't something he bragged about. When he wasn't donating money or helping Habitat For Humanity, he was at home putzing around with his cars, trying out new hobbies, or watching movies.

It was moreso the evenings that he grew the most restless. It was the nighttime when he realized how lonely he was; not that he was ready to settle down and build a family, but sometimes his house did get too quiet and he craved companionship, someone just to talk to.

Which is why he found himself going out often at night. Bar-hopping, clubbing, walking. He didn't really care what he was doing, as long as there were others around him that he could observe, talk to, or joke with. He didn't mind going out alone, though he did often try to invite James along to go with him. Lately James had been preoccupied, which Michael understood; still, he left him a text just in case he wanted a drink too.

That evening, he had been walking through the Glades, which had recently been through a horrific experience with what could be considered a domestic terrorist attack. He had previously been helping out at the food kitchen, putting in a little time to give back to the community. With everything that New Orleans had been through, people were still positive, happy, and overall optimistic, and it was an energy he fed off quite well. He loved the culture and energy here and felt himself feeling very light-hearted.

He decided to follow his nose to Rousseau's, where the food smelled fresh and there were a few empty seats at the bar for him. As he placed himself in one of them, he called for the bartender. It was a busy place with upbeat music, and he felt the corners of his mouth lifting at the positive vibe it gave off.

Thank you SHANTEL for the template!!

--------------------
Just like fire, burning out the way. If I can light the world up for just one day. Watch this madness colorful charade. No one can be just like me anyway. Just like magic, I’ll be flying free. I’ma disappear when they come for me. I kick that ceiling, what you gonna say? No one can be just like me anyway. And no matter the weather, we can do it better. You and me together forever and ever..

JUST LIKE FIRE, FIRE, FIRE

PMEmail
^
KAIRI MCAVOY
 Posted: Aug 2 2016, 04:52 PM
SKINWALKER
TWENTY-FOUR
CFO of VitaCorps

All dressed up and nowhere to go. Well, that had been Kairi an hour before she strolled into Rousseau's Bar and Grill. She wasn't in anything fancy, but she had gotten home from work a bit early than scheduled and in the hopes of enjoying an evening out with her husband, she had picked out a new outfit.

Of course, that was before James had texted saying he would be working late. This was usual these days, Kairi had seen less and less of her husband since moving to New Orleans, but she had hoped it just meant that their work was on the upswing. She wanted everything they were doing to be successful, not for the money, but for the good of people like her. It was important. If that put a slight strain on their quality time, she was ok with that. It would balance back out soon.

After James had brought her plans to a halting stop, Kairi found herself staring in the mirror, only one eye with perfect eyeliner so far. "I'll just go out by myself, then." She said to her reflection. She was independent and strong! There was no harm in exploring the city by yourself, right?

As independent as she was, she didn't desire stumbling into the wrong setting late at night and by herself, so she looked up a few places online before heading out. She loved this city, the area was nice and the people that she had met so far had been lovely. She found herself en route to the most tragic part of town, in her mind. The Glades seemed to be stitching itself back together, but you could still see where it was torn at the seams.

Rousseau's, on the other hand, looked like the only bright spot in a 15 mile radius. Everyone was there to have a good time, ignoring the sad memories that lurked just outside their doors. Kairi felt a little off balance as she got out of the car by herself, but she straightened herself up. Plenty of people went out on their own. She would be fine.

She stepped in and scanned the room, a habit formed when you were constantly going to dinners and events where you knew almost everyone. She was surprised to see Michael, her husbands best friend, sitting at the bar. "Oh, thank god." She really hadn't wanted to spend the night alone.

She walked up and took a seat next to him. "Hey you." She smiled, before ordering a vodka sour from the bartender. She loved Michael. Him and James had been friends for the longest time and Kairi had just become a part of the group so seamlessly. She was almost as close to him as her husband was.

THANKS KAY
PM
^
MICHAEL FASSBENDER
 Posted: Jan 7 2017, 02:53 PM
HUMAN
THIRTY-FIVE
Heir

Michael easily thrived on the energy of other. After all, he was a true extrovert. He wasn't very fond of being alone, despite living his life that way. When he was surrounded by people, noise, and bustle, he felt rejuvenated, alive. He could breathe better. Maybe it was because he did actually live alone and had enough alone time there, but whatever it was, this was his scene.

He took a deep breath, breathing in the scent of the alcohol and bodies nearby. Some pleasant, others not so much, but that was what made the bar scene beautiful. There were so many different people, on different walks of life, and he loved to watch it. He liked to see different styles in fashion and appearance, hear different accents, listen to different languages. He was well-acquainted in a few himself, so he enjoyed translating their conversations.

There were times however that he still felt disconnected. As if he was separate, other. Maybe it was his up-front personality that spooked people way or something about him, but sometimes he craved the physical of someone else. A touch. A kiss. Cuddling. Even just dinner or a movie. Not necessarily in a sexual way, but in a companionship way. He was a lone man, surrounded by people, and alone.

Tonight, he was a mixture of both. He was absorbing the energy around him and letting it boost him, but he couldn’t help but notice that he still felt a little hollow in a tiny corner of his heart, tucked away. He shoved it a little deeper in the corner as he sipped his drink, choosing not to dwell on it. Tonight he wanted to enjoy himself and be merry.

He had just set the drink down when he heard a familiar voice thank God, for whatever reason. ”No need to thank me.” The corner of his lips tweaked upward as his Irish accent lilted toward Kairi.

”Hey there, lovely. What brings you here?” He glanced behind her to see if James had followed, and didn’t see him. He faked a pout at her, knowing she’d understand why he was ‘sad’. He was thankful for her company. He looked at the bartender after he handed her the drink and pointed at it. ”My tab, friend.”

--------------------
Just like fire, burning out the way. If I can light the world up for just one day. Watch this madness colorful charade. No one can be just like me anyway. Just like magic, I’ll be flying free. I’ma disappear when they come for me. I kick that ceiling, what you gonna say? No one can be just like me anyway. And no matter the weather, we can do it better. You and me together forever and ever..

PMEmail
^
KAIRI MCAVOY
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 11:53 PM
SKINWALKER
TWENTY-FOUR
CFO of VitaCorps

Kairi fell somewhere between introvert and extrovert. The trick was her extrovert side was out of practice due to all of the work she constantly surrounded herself with.

The company was a 24/7 project, it seemed. If she wasn't staring at a spreadsheet or in a conference call, she was at a gala or interview raising awareness. It was always worth it, but that's not to say it wasn't challenging.

Take tonight, for example. Alone, well not quite, but without her other half, and missing him, all for the sake of the company. It made sense, she understood, but it didn't make it any less unfortunate.

She smirked at Michaels comment referring to himself as God. That boys ego would be the death of all of them if they let it. His glance behind her didn't go unnoticed and she immediately laughed at his pout. "Don't you pout at me, you know just as well as I do that man's a workaholic!"

She was in good spirits about it, as good as she could be, but it was also very clear she wished the trio had been together just as much as Michael had. "Since he can't pull himself away from the desk, I decided to take myself out. What about you?"

It wasn't unusual for Michael to be out and about on his own, after all he was single and handsome and smart. Girls tripped over their own 6 inch heels to get to him. And yet, tonight, he was still sitting along at the bar when she had walked in. It was a rare enough site to pique her interest.

THANKS KAY
PM
^
MICHAEL FASSBENDER
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 01:22 AM
HUMAN
THIRTY-FIVE
Heir

Michael and Kairi were comfortable enough with the other that when he leaned to kiss her on the cheek, he knew she'd understand it was a very friendly greeting. Even if James had been present, he wouldn't have minded the greeting. Then again, if James had been there Michael would most likely have given him the same greeting.

At Kairi's smirk, Michael's grin grew. He knew he was a goof, and he appreciated when others found him funny, especially those he was closest to. If there was one thing he was proud of, other than his good looks, charm, and accent, it was his sense of humor.

He sighed then, just a bit more seriously this time. He adored his best friend, but often wished that he took his personal life as seriously as he did his professional one. He could imagine that, while Kairi understood the work life since she had a busy one herself, that she'd get fairly lonely.

"Well, that man of ours needs to take a break and join us for an alcoholic beverage. And just because I can, I'll make him pay for it." He feigned seriousness, nodding resolutely at his statement. He lifted his glass up to toast her, the clink of their glasses mixing with the sound of voices around them.

"You know me. I can't sit still. Staying inside with all this excitement out here...It's not in my nature. I'm a man born to be wild." He gave the 'rock on' symbols with his fingers, nearly knocking over his drink while doing so. He looked to her, a perceptive look in his eyes.

"You doing okay?" Kairi was always looking after everyone and everything else, making sure the company was alright, James was alright, even checking up on Michael, and he knew that even someone as strong as her needed a little TLC sometimes. He cared, not just because James cared, but because of the friendship he shared with her separately of him. "You know you can call me up anytime. I don't do a whole lot..." Being wealthy on his own had its advantages, that's for sure.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll