Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

Our news section is located here; you can find lengthier news updates there while the news updates below are the bare necessities!

You can find the most recent activity check here; activity checks are month-long. You must have at least one post per character submitted before the first of the next month!

You can find the current OTM (of the month) awards here! Be sure to congratulate the members and the admin members of the characters and titles that have been won this month!

Give a warm welcome to both Bri and Pat who have been brought onto Bittersweet Forever's administration team as active website moderators!

All admin members have their own tasks; be sure to check their signatures for information on what their specific tasks are, otherwise you might be redirected.

Add Reply
New Poll

» Well, darling, let's hurt tonight, @[PEPPER POTTS] @[GEOFFREY DALMER]
GEOFFREY DALMER
 Posted: Dec 3 2016, 04:06 AM
WEREWOLF (COTM)
Thirty
Alpha

Geoff had been very open about his deal breakers when it came to relationships. He wanted kids. He wanted a wife who would not necessarily just stay home, but who would help to take care of the house and the children, possibly even have dinner on the table.

He didn't believe that it was so much to ask. He knew he was old-fashioned and he knew that people considered him to be a misogynist. He had been around for quite some time, centuries even. While some may adjust well to the swiftly changing eras and manners and traditions, Geoff wasn’t so lucky. He couldn’t understand why things had changed so much. To him, there was nothing wrong with men being a gentleman, wanting to provide for his girl. Apparently, people today believed that to be the wrong attitude to have.

He couldn't change his ways overnight, nor was he quite ready to. He wasn't quite convinced that he had to change all his beliefs. In order to do so, one had to believe their beliefs were wrong. And currently Geoff Dalmer was not of the mindset that he was, in fact, wrong.

That day, he hadn't quite set out to revisit so-called memory lane. Nor did he intend to offend or insult Pepper; much to the disbelief of others, he didn't always set out to be an asshole. He just didn't have much of a filter when it came to his exact thoughts and beliefs, and he was very open about them that day in the chat.

He didn't regret saying what he did, however. He had firmly believed that if Tony hadn't stepped in, he would have had a very good chance with Pepper Potts. Tony Stark had had a decade to make his move, and he had squandered all that time on drunkenness and promiscuity. The second he had seen that Pepper had a potential suitor, of course he decided that he had to have her. They both would disagree with that assessment. Geoff believed in full-heartedly. He had been around for centuries. He didn't believe in wasted time anymore.

Was Geoff becoming unhinged? Possibly. After all, he had lost nearly his entire pack and one of the last remaining members was hospitalized. That could take a toll on even the strongest man. That might explain his most recent actions, but not excuse it. Though of course he wouldn't consider that a problem he had right now.

Despite Tony's threat, Geoff decided to pay a visit. He wasn't too concerned about what Tony could or would do to him. He was strong and powerful in his own right. So he had picked up a bouquet of flowers and a baby basket full of toys and little outfits, primarily white but a few pink thrown in, knowing that she wanted a girl.

The gifts served two purposes - one, to apologize for causing her pain, and two, to prove that he truly did care. Granted, they only had gone on a few dates and slept with each other once or twice, but he did believe that they could make each other happy, and while he knew she was happy in love with Tony...He had a track record. He'd flake.

Their home address was public record, so he made his way up the expansive driveway to the very ornate front door, a flash of reason warning his brain. Despite that, he knocked anyway. He was already falling deep into the rabbit hole, there was no use in stopping it now.

Thank you SHANTEL for the template!!

--------------------
Boy, you should know what you're falling for

She’s a beast I call her Karma (come back) She eats your heart out Like Jeffrey Dahmer (woo) Be careful Try not to lead her on Shorty’s heart is on steroids Cause her love is so strong You may fall in love When you meet her If you get the chance you better keep her She's sweet as pie but if you break her heart She'll turn cold as a freezer

PMEmail
^
PEPPER STARK
 Posted: Dec 4 2016, 04:30 PM
HUMAN
THIRTY-TWO
CEO @ STARK

that's
the way that i love you, baby
While Pepper had never exactly had nearly as many past sexual partners as Tony, she had never made it a secret of those that she had shared a bed with, no matter how few her numbers were in comparison. Where Tony had enjoyed meaningless, brief romances - if one could call them romances at all - Pepper had always thrived on commitment so while her numbers may have been small, that didn't at all limit her experience given the length of some of her past relationships.

None had ever clung onto her after parting ways as Geoff had, especially after such a short period of time spent in a brief relationship (if one could call it that). The two, after all, had only gone out together a handful of times and had only shared a bed once; even that had been alcohol-fuelled.

Pepper could accept and admit that perhaps it hadn't been wise of her to enter anything even remotely resembling a relationship when she was knowingly trying to deny any feelings she had developed for Tony over those last ten years of knowing him. He was damaged, sometimes ruthless, distracted... There wasn't a single thing about him that acted as a pet peeve because everything about him was Pepper's greatest pet peeve. The way he argued every single thing she did to better his days and his schedules. The way he talked over her as if nothing she said registered on his list of importance. The way he never remembered her birthday...

He rode her. Hard. And not in the way she found herself wanting; imagining your ex-boss that promoted you to CEO of his company while you were sleeping with someone you were meant to be dating? Not exactly professional... Not exactly beneficial to much of anything, either, given just how thoroughly Tony was capable of pushing her buttons. And yet... thinking about that frustration that he could so easily boil to the surface had been more passionate than anything she had had with Geoff.

There was no doubt in her mind that everything last winter had happened for a reason and while she wished fate could have gone about it differently - she wasn't entirely keen on the near-death experience that had brought them closer together - she was grateful. Grateful that they had both escaped that situation with their lives intact and grateful that the feelings she had been trying to fight were now realized and mutually felt.

Nothing was perfect and their relationship was no exception. They had their arguments - a great many of them - and even though Pepper had come to realize that all of those pet peeves she had in regards to Tony were things that she had fallen in love with over the years, they still got under her skin when he purposely pushed her buttons as he seemed to adore doing. They also had had different views for their future together in the beginning; Tony was adamant on not wanting children or marriage whereas Pepper hadn't so much as considered a future without a family of her own. Still, it was something she found herself willing to part with if it meant keeping the one thing - the one person - she couldn't live without.

Many might believe Pepper had forced her own pregnancy upon learning of her delicate condition; it wasn't unheard of for a woman to trap a man in her life by bringing a child into the world against his will. Pepper wasn't that type of person, however. She had been diligent with her birth control - even when she and Tony frequently forgot to bother with back-up precautions - and despite everything they had decided in the past, accepting this accident (for a lack of a better term) had been what they agreed upon in the end and that seemed to be the window of opportunity that Geoff felt he was entitled to.

Hearing someone at the door as she stood barefoot in the kitchen, one whipped cream-covered finger in her mouth mid-snack preparation, the blonde's blue eyes glanced towards the staircase that led down to the lab, as if waiting for Tony to emerge and answer the door. Not because she was incapable, but because he knew just as well as she that Pepper had been wearing nothing more than his shirt after one or two rounds around the house...

Rolling up the long sleeves of his white shirt as it hung loose around her pre-baby bump frame, Pepper took a few moments to search for and locate the pair of jean shorts beneath the living room's sofa that she had been wearing until the two had carelessly tossed them aside. It took only a moment to slide them back up her long bare legs before tucking Tony's shirt into them as neatly as she could manage, but that hadn't been the most time consuming part of answering the front door.

No, the most time consuming had been her very vocal argument with JARVIS as he tried to keep the front door locked and secured. JARVIS responded best to Tony, but there were times - mainly times where Tony's well-being was factored into the equation - where Pepper was able to override JARVIS' programmed responses, assisting him in learning in ways she never knew possible with an artificial intelligence.

It had taken some arguing and many bribes (for she now owed JARVIS the chance to compile his own list of potential middle names for their still-growing baby) just to coax him into allowing her to unlock, disarm and open the front door. Realization of why JARVIS had been adamant on refusing her attempts was made clear upon doing so.

Brushing her long blonde hair out of her face, Pepper took in Geoff standing there in front of her with a bouquet of flowers and a basket of baby items that had her eyes wide and her hand half-closing the door behind her in an effort to mask any conversation. The last thing she needed was Tony overhearing Geoff on their property after warning him earlier that afternoon against coming anywhere near their home or the company.

Slap.

Pepper wasn't one to believe in violence, but even she couldn't help but to slap the face of the man that refused to respect her boundaries. "Are you kidding me?" Her words were half-whispered as her hand pushed against his chest, forcing him to back up a few steps. "Do you think he was joking when he said not to come within a hundred feet of the house or are you purposely trying to instigate?" Tony wasn't well, not that Geoff needed to know that, so anything coming of Geoff's disobeying Tony's warning could easily result in worsening things for Tony.

Noticing the traces of pink in the basket that he had brought, Pepper realized he had likely chosen it to coincide with her belief that she was carrying a girl. "We're not even having a girl; it's a boy! So why don't you take your basket and take your flowers and go." Truth be told, neither Pepper nor Tony knew the gender of their baby as of yet; it was still too early to tell. Tony argued his belief that they would have a son whereas Pepper had believed it would be a girl. Seeing Geoff with that same hope that she would bring a daughter into the world for he - Geoff - and Pepper to raise together... It made her feel nauseous and willing to side with Tony as far as their baby's gender was concerned if only to drive home the point that this baby had nothing to do with Geoff, nor would it ever.

--------------------
you'd be good to me, i'd be so good to you
pmapplicationshiptrackcellinstafbsnaptweete-mail
PMEmailWebsite
^
GEOFFREY DALMER
 Posted: Dec 9 2016, 01:35 AM
WEREWOLF (COTM)
Thirty
Alpha

After all that Geoff had been through it would make sense that he might at some point go crazy. Being responsible for the death or loss of the majority of his pack had always weighed on his mind and his heart; the guilt, the sadness...It was enough to drive even a strong man crazy.

Is that what was happening? Was he finally diving off the deep end into insanity? Maybe. But he didn't see it if he was, and you can't make someone get help who doesn't see that they need it. To Geoff, he was just looking for someone to love, to share life with, and he had already wasted so much of his life. He was ready, and he wouldn't let a good girl go just because some other playboy knew her longer.

His logic was sound to him. His hope was always to settle down, have a few pups of his own, and just...live. When he found out Pepper wasn't interested in having children, it was easier to bear the loss of what could have been something special if she had given him the chance. But now...

Now she was pregnant and keeping it with Tony. While he knew that she loved Tony, he still thought that maybe he could still have a chance. Tony wasn't always the most reliable, and so when he surely backed out of the relationship, he'd be there. In the meantime, he hoped his gifts would serve to be an apology.

As she came out, he started to smile until he felt his face turn with the force of her slap. He felt a shudder run down his spine at the sudden burst of anger, but he controlled it. He wouldn't harm her. Why would he want to? He just shook his head. "I just wanted to bring you these. To apologize for my behavior earlier. I didn't mean to make you ill."

His brows furrowed in confusion as he looked down at the basket, his heart breaking just a little. "But you said you were hoping for a girl. I just thought...I thought it would be a nice gesture. It was what you wanted." He looked back at her, confidence finding its way back into his eyes. "Please. Keep it. At least..the flowers. They're for you. And the basket...some of it can be gender neutral..." He was genuine in her wanting to keep both gifts. He wasn't the kind of guy who took gifts back.

"Can we please talk? I just...There are some things I'd like you to know. Please."

--------------------

She’s a beast I call her Karma (come back) She eats your heart out Like Jeffrey Dahmer (woo) Be careful Try not to lead her on Shorty’s heart is on steroids Cause her love is so strong You may fall in love When you meet her If you get the chance you better keep her She's sweet as pie but if you break her heart She'll turn cold as a freezer

PMEmail
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Jan 2 2017, 08:38 PM
HUMAN (TELEKINETIC)
THIRTY-FIVE
BUSINESS OWNER

IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE

CLARK KENT, BRUCE WAYNE
806 words.
tag: pepper/geoff
song: superpower - x ambassadors
Down in the recesses of his lab, one might think Tony was completely dead to the world for all the distance, concrete, and distractions that separated him from what went on above. But a man with a thousand secrets doesn’t keep those secrets safe through idle efforts, and so the Stark-and-Potts household was one of the most secure, well-guarded buildings in the country. The outside didn’t seem to speak of much: what with its glass walls and open, white-washed interior, it appeared to boast only a wrought-iron gate to keep folks out. But beneath that polished exterior, pinhole cameras, a plethora of scanners, and a very, very clever A.I. protected the sanctity of the home in as minimally intrusive a fashion as possible.

Tony knew Geoff was there well before Pepper did, mostly because JARVIS told him so. He had fed photos raided from the man’s mostly-empty Facebook profile through a dozen different algorithms, adding the result to an early detection system that picked up flagged faces from as far as the next block over, and then let JARVIS loose to monitor the network.

He had been shoulders-deep in a veritable rat’s nest of cables and articulated limbs beneath the lab floor when a warning bell went off, signaling that JARVIS had picked up a forbidden face. This wasn’t a flawless system, since people could choose a variety of directions and ways to approach the house, and not all angles provided a viable image, but hey, looks like today was his lucky day! He had a seven minute head start on Geoff, and boy, was that seven minutes more than enough.

Pepper licked whipped cream from her finger; Tony tapped a command into his desk, and pulled out a fresh palladium core. A twist, a click, and a deft hand movement; the arc reactor Tony reinserted in his chest glowed its vibrant blue.

Pepper pulled on her jeans; Tony stood upon a circular stage, and raised his arms. Plates in the floor receded and chipped yellow machinery rose free, their movements so smooth as mirror life.

Pepper argued with JARVIS; a red and gold-plated exoskeleton ensconced Tony. The whirring and snicks of a hundred pieces sliding into place combined into something cacophonous.

Pepper opened the door; the operating system of the suit booted up, spinning through its serious of symbols and security checks faster than the average eye can track.

Pepper slapped Geoff; Tony took one, two, three steps—and lift off!

Of course, reacting like this? This was tipping Tony’s hand, big time. And it’s not like he could trust Geoff not to tell the world he was Iron Man; the goon may be an idiot, but, hell, Barney the dinosaur’s kindergartens could put this kind of two and two together and still come up with four.

Well. It was going to come out sometime. Might as well be now. It’s not like the chances of Tony being around to face the consequences were good, and if he did somehow survive this clusterfuck he got himself into? It might prevent the jellybean from becoming the next Lindbergh baby.

That’s it, Tony. Look on the bright side of your idiotic decisions.

Exiting through the garage (which was ramped like it had been in Malibu, allowing for a smooth ascent) didn’t exactly make for a sneaky appearance, but when you’re trying to scare a stalker off your property, what better what to prove you can beat his ass than by flying out in the most iconic suit on the west coast, landing on three points with an earth-shattering crash, and and rising to your full, 6’5” height in time for your so-called enemy to turn around and get an eyeful? Tony had no qualms being a show-off here—anything to prove to this nitwit that he needed to fuck off, and permanently. When Geoff turned, a metal glove met his throat. Though Tony was by no means strong, the suit amplified his actions; Geoff might as well have a vise holding him in place for all the difference it made.

Now what the hell did I say about you showing up within a hundred yards of Pepper?

The voice that emitted from the suit was toneless, digitized, and sternly pissed, but there was no doubt about it: Tony Stark’s customary snark was coming in loud and clear. He didn’t lift Geoff or move to do actual damage; instead, he tilted his head slightly to put Pepper in his sightline. Though he meant business, he wasn’t much for seriousness, and perhaps Pepper could hear the dry humor in his voice as he asked, “Honey, do you know where the nearest cliff is? I believe I made Jee-off here a promise.
I got that, I got that, I got that superpower

--------------------
i'm barricaded inside
So stop watching. I'm not coming to the door, so stop knocking, stop knocking. I’m trapped here. God, keep saying I'm not locked in. I chose this. I am lost in my own conscience. I know that shutting the world out ain't solving the problem, but I didn't build this house because I thought it would solve 'em. ----------------------------------------
PMWebsite
^
PEPPER STARK
 Posted: Feb 12 2017, 11:40 PM
HUMAN
THIRTY-TWO
CEO @ STARK

that's
For someone like Pepper who had had a few relationships that had had a beginning, middle and end, it was hard for her to wrap her mind around how someone - like Geoff - was having such a difficult time letting go of something that had so clearly finished. That said, had it been more than a couple of dates and one drunken night in her hotel room, she could understand why he might have a hard time hanging his feelings up and putting them away permanently.

Any other ex that had belonged in Pepper's life at one point or another had had no issues with ending things and going their separate ways. That wasn't to say that there wasn't sometimes the odd drunken 'I miss you' phone call when feelings caught up to either of them, but once both parties moved on and away from the past, those feelings were gone and replaced with whatever love they were chasing after.

In Pepper's case, that had ended with Tony. There were no other guys in her world; she wasn't calling up ex's that she missed in hopes of reconnecting and she wasn't thinking about the next guy and what her relationship with him might be like. Maybe there would come a day when things stopped working out between them; maybe his temper would someday be too much. Maybe between work and the baby, he'd feel she no longer had time for him. Either could fault on their relationship to the extent of it mutually ending - that was a reality both were aware of - but both were also adamant on making this work.

"We're hoping for a boy; you must have misheard." Pepper wasn't typically one to outright lie to someone's face, but given the anger she was feeling? Geoff was lucky a little white lie was all she was throwing in his face. Knowing that he, too, supported her having a baby girl almost tainted the entire idea; it was best to drop it right there on the front porch in front of the man she didn't want to spend the rest of her life with and instead join Tony's 'we're having a boy!' parade, as if she had been heading it the entire time.

She could practically feel the cringe on her face as he asked her if she had the time to talk. Truthfully, she was curious as to what on Earth he felt she needed to know. If it were hidden feelings, she felt safe in admitting she did know all about them, and it wasn't like he was about to declare a possibility that he was the father of her baby. The timeline was absolutely impossible, but then again, it wasn't looking as though Geoff were the most stable of men...

That thought was interrupted by a sound Pepper knew all too well; blue eyes glancing to the suited man that had landed, stood and gripped Geoff's throat (upon him turning around to face the source of the interruption) in less time than it usually took Pepper to begin scolding him for whatever shenanigan he was up to.

Pale arms that remained clad in Tony's button-up shirt folded neatly across her chest as her blue eyes seemed to question just what Tony thought he was doing. Those that knew both Pepper and Tony knew just how quick she was at fending him away from the reckless ideas he frequently had and that for some reason, Tony - perhaps less frequently - actually listened.

Blue eyes and crossed arms remained directed at the man she loved as he shifted to push Pepper into his line of vision. Nine times out of ten, her nagging or her stern 'Tony, No!'s were, more or less, in jest. Playful, teasing... but still rang with a hint of truth. Now was no different; she could see the humour in the situation and she knew that Tony had enough humanity in him to keep him from actually throwing the other male off the nearest cliff...

Or so she hoped.

Cracking a smile as Tony's famous household nickname for Geoff was spoken, she could only shake her head in slight amusement, not quite wanting to condone his antics, but... well, he was just so damn cute...

"No cliffs; while I know you're a man of your word, the last thing you want is witnesses seeing your suit throwing a civilian over the edge... bad publicity." Which, was fairly accurate and was definitely something Pepper would be left to deal with if that became the case as Tony still had no public relations agent working on his behalf...

"But you can take him out to play in the yard; what I can't see won't hurt anyone..."

--------------------
PMEmailWebsite
^
GEOFFREY DALMER
 Posted: Feb 27 2017, 11:53 PM
WEREWOLF (COTM)
Thirty
Alpha

On the exterior, it was fairly obvious that Geoff was off his rocker. What he was doing, what he thought, didn't make much sense to anyone else. He knew that what he and Pepper had was brief, but he also firmly believed that had Tony not interfered, they would have stayed together. She could have loved him, he would have been good to her, even if she did choose to work.

That was something he would have had to adjust to, to be sure. She wouldn't have to give up her company for him, and if it made her happy he'd learn to understand. As long as they shared dinner together, the house was clean, maybe had a couple pups...What she did during the day wasn't a conflict.

He had never meant to insult or offend Pepper; he just wanted to be there for when her relationship with Tony eventually failed. And it would. A womanizer like Stark wasn't expected to stay in one relationship for very long, expected child or not. When he inevitably left, Geoff wanted her to know he was there to help.

His brow lowered. "You had just said...You wanted a girl. I didn't mean any offense. It was just...I wanted to apologize to you for what happened and I thought this was a nice peace offering..." He sighed softly, obviously disappointed at the reaction. He wasn't trying to be intrusive or an asshole.

He saw Pepper's reaction at the same time that he realized that something-someone-was approaching him from behind. Before he could react to the armored being, a hand reached out and gripped his throat, its grip unrelenting. Geoff would have been confused but Tony decided to speak then. He had known about this Iron Man vigilante, and honestly, should have known that Tony was involved somehow. Rich son of a bitch.

Tony had barely left much room for breath, but Geoff’s anger had taken over. He would be breaking whatever silly laws were set in place by revealing himself but he could always say self-defense against this strange robotic suit.

His eyes started to turn yellow, but that was the only sign of his shift so far. ”And I’ve said I’m not afraid of you. Let me go.” It was the only warning that Tony would get.

--------------------

PMEmail
^
TONY STARK
 Posted: Oct 16 2017, 12:45 PM
HUMAN (TELEKINETIC)
THIRTY-FIVE
BUSINESS OWNER

IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE

CLARK KENT, BRUCE WAYNE
765 words.
tag: pepper/geoff
song: superpower - x ambassadors
Publicity… right. Damn this generation and their smart phones.

Though the voice, purposefully filtered as it was, was not directly recognizable as Tony Stark, the semi-flippant response was very much characteristic of the mouth from which it had fallen. After all, if there was ever an early adopter, it was him—hell, most of the time, he was the runner of the technological orphanage, adopting concepts half the world hadn’t even dreamed of yet. But his words were an acquiescence in their own right—this wasn’t about cell phones or being seen, or anything to do with Iron Man bodily heaving another person off a cliff. This was personal, through and through.

And, to be honest, Tony really hadn’t taken a moment (or, hell, a second) to consider the consequences. Sure, he could lob Geoff headfirst into the trees, but collisions with standing objects equal injuries, injuries equal emergency services (now or later), and emergency services equal questions Tony didn’t want asked. Act, react—that’s the name of the game when you’ve got the attention span and territorial issues of a cocaine-addled squirrel. But when confronted with the cold hard reality of Newton’s third law, anything said here might as well be tantamount to empty threats, because tossing Geoff around was liable to get those authorities poking around where they didn’t belong… and yet, a point had to be made.

It was too bad, really, that nobody could see his expression through the mask; a slight head tilt was, in reality, a mischievous smile; a hand wave, a small gesture of excitement. “You’re too good to me, honey. I promise to clean up afterwards.

In his ear, a syllable. JARVIS spoke up, coupling his alert with a small icon in Tony’s peripheral. “Sir.” Eyes flicked right and away; he knew that symbol, and he’d much, much rather ignore it. However, JARVIS was wont to be as obstinate as his creator, and therefore would hardly let him ignore the reality of the situation. Especially since Pepper had long since fallen into the natural tendency of the Stark household to treat JARVIS like another family member and all-around bona fide human person; if he didn’t concede, he’d hear it later from her, too, not just from JARVIS. “I would advise against staying in the suit for very much longer, as your current blood pressure and heart rate levels indicate an incompatibility with power demands and its increased stress on your cardiovascular system. Please acknowledge ”

To himself (or, really, to JARVIS), “I get it. Stow the lecture.” And to Pepper, speaking over the head of their unwanted guest, whom he still held in place with a red and gold gauntlet: “To be honest, you and I have far better things to be doing…

What had started as good fun coupled with defending his and Pepper’s honor was turning into a real spoilsport fest real face. Thanks brain. Thanks JARVIS. Thanks, science.

All Tony was going to do was take Geoff back out to the road and not-so-nicely tell him to keep his ass off their property. That’s it. Show him who’s boss, but limit Tony’s time in the suit to what his body could actually take. It was a remarkably straightforward plan (he should totally get a gold star for this), but as they say, the best-laid plans of mice and men…

He had no idea what the golden eyes meant, but it was pretty damn conclusive that any sort of physical change to one’s features that isn’t happening gradually (read: the marks on Tony’s chest, which had taken months to appear) usually meant something nefarious was afoot. Something he didn’t immediately understand, and Tony hated not understanding. Worse, coupled with anger (of course Geoff was angry; Tony literally had him by the throat), it spelled bad news all around. Or maybe he was just assuming? Maybe Geoff filled with honey anytime he knew he was wrong, and it leaked into his eyeballs. Maybe a fairy godmother had floated down and bestowed a sense of calm upon the man staring golden daggers at him. Maybe it was a really neat, new pair of contacts.

Ha.

Pepper, honey, maybe you should go inside…” He still didn’t let go. Instead, he took a step back, and swung himself around Geoff, so that he and his suit were between Geoff and Pepper. Until Pepper retreated inside and Tony was sure she was safe, he had zero intentions of letting this man free of his metallic grasp.
I got that, I got that, I got that superpower

--------------------
i'm barricaded inside
So stop watching. I'm not coming to the door, so stop knocking, stop knocking. I’m trapped here. God, keep saying I'm not locked in. I chose this. I am lost in my own conscience. I know that shutting the world out ain't solving the problem, but I didn't build this house because I thought it would solve 'em. ----------------------------------------
PMWebsite
^
PEPPER STARK
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 07:23 PM
HUMAN
THIRTY-TWO
CEO @ STARK

that's
When it came to Tony and his many toys, Pepper tried not to involve herself more than she needed. If she felt he was a danger to someone or to himself, then she let her lectures flow like rivers. It irritated him to hear them and it aggravated her to have to repeat them time and time again, but that was their natural flow.

Tony had made it quite clear to Geoff that should he ever step foot on their property, there would be consequences, and while Pepper had gently (and somewhat playfully) scolded Tony for issuing protective threats, she knew that he was completely justified in living up to his words.

There was a very real issue with boundaries as far as Geoff was concerned. Pepper knew she had never given him a single hope that he would be the one raising her's and Tony's child as Pepper had never believed for one second that Tony would break her heart and cut ties with her now that she happened to be carrying his child. Geoff seemed to think that Tony was going to jump ship sooner rather than later and seemed to be longing to take his place for whatever reason. It wasn't necessarily a threat to their relationship; Pepper knew they could withstand an eager ex-fling, but it definitely grated on Tony's nerves more than he let show.

Having done all she could possibly do to try and talk Geoff down time and time again, the strawberry blonde had no qualms in relinquishing control of the situation over to Tony. He might not be as delicate as she was in handling things like this, but it was painfully obvious that delicate wasn't getting her anywhere.

Shaking her head as a somewhat amused reaction to the suit's slight head-tilt that she knew was hiding a mischievous smile behind it, Pepper fully intended to hold him up to his promise to clean up after himself. Especially given the fact that he was quite right in stating that they had far better things they could be doing with their time.

Pepper wasn't entirely sure if it was appropriate to even hint at their sex life in front of someone that was as unpredictable and somewhat delusional as Geoff appeared to be, but Pepper was quite exhausted with the whole ordeal. As far as she was concerned, the fling that they had entertained had ended long ago. While Tony may have played a hand in that, it seemed like a lifetime ago and she wished Geoff could let it go just as easily as she had been able to.

Tony was between she and Geoff now; his hand still wrapped around the other man's throat in what Pepper could only home was at least a somewhat loose hold. As amusing as it would be to watch Geoff get his ass handed to him, explaining a homicide on their property wasn't exactly something Pepper was trained to handle, even as Tony's retired personal assistant.

"I'm going to shower. You can join me when you're done playing..." With a soft kiss to the back of the suit's shoulder blade - something Tony wouldn't be able to physically feel for himself - Pepper shook her head gently at the scene before her, still somewhat amused, as she made her way back inside. It was best to let the boys be boys.

--------------------
PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll