• After being saved by Dean and Sam Winchester at the age of six, Josh gained a permanent perception for the supernatural, constantly knowing that they were out there, and knowing some of them want to hurt innocents, like the one that sucked his soul out and left him in a coma till saved.
• The threat of his parents sending him to a mental hospital when he was thirteen made the boy steal a gun from the locker in their house , money and clothes and set off on his own, searching for the two hunters that saved him once.
• Being a natural, Josh picked up Hunting quickly, by his next birthday at fourteen he was already known around in the younger community for his skills with knives and guns. He gained a following of younger children who heard of his skills, and of what happened when he was young. This following of young children is where he gains the nick name Pan, being the leader of the lost boys.
• After finding the Winchester family, and explaining what he had been doing on his own for 5 years , he was brought under the wing of Dean Winchester himself and is being trained, much like Dean's own wife, Anna, to be a hunter fully.
• Along with being trained as a hunter, Josh befriended a local witch, Davina Claire. For his eighteenth birthday Davina gifted him with a spell book of simple charms, since then the young hunter has practiced every day at them, becoming increasingly fascinated with the magic she has opened for him.
• With the edition of Sam's twin daughters, Josh found himself falling hard and fast for the youngest, Harlyn. He does extra chores, and odd jobs around the city in order to get the means so he can show her the times that she deserves and more. While he tries hard to be understanding of Sam's dislike of their growing relationship, he gets frustrated easily when things go overboard with it.