Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

Our news section is located here; you can find lengthier news updates there while the news updates below are the bare necessities!

You can find the most recent activity check here; activity checks are month-long. You must have at least one post per character submitted before the first of the next month!

You can find the current OTM (of the month) awards here! Be sure to congratulate the members and the admin members of the characters and titles that have been won this month!

Give a warm welcome to both Bri and Pat who have been brought onto Bittersweet Forever's administration team as active website moderators!

All admin members have their own tasks; be sure to check their signatures for information on what their specific tasks are, otherwise you might be redirected.

Add Reply
New Poll

» [IP] Cause I can't breathe; I can't breathe [INVITES]
ADELAIDE VIVAS
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 12:42 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
TWENTY-ONE
DESIGNER

user posted image

HOW CAN I LIVE IN THE MOMENT WHEN MY THOUGHTS NEVER FEEL LIKE MY OWN AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ADMIT THAT I'M BROKEN. HOW CAN I BE ALRIGHT, CAUSE I CAN'T BREATHE. I CAN'T BREATHE. I CAN'T BREATHE. I CAN'T BREATHE.

There were too many days in the run of the week where Addie didn't feel whole. This wasn't something new; she had found herself struggling to find her footing and her place in the world for quite a few years now but there were days when it all felt like it was too much for one person to bear. Days when it felt impossible to get out of bed and continue to be the person she no longer recognized.

It was a constant effort on her behalf to refrain from breaking every mirror in her house every time she passed one or was forced to stare into one at her own reflection; part of it was seeing the trials her body had endured: the scars from situations that had been out of control. The scar from the stab wound that had been inflicted on her years ago when she had been jogging followed by the long incision from the surgery that had taken her ability to have children in an effort to repair that damage. The scar on her abdomen from being impaled on a piece of rebar when the Glades had been falling to pieces...

The other part of was that sometimes - usually when she was somewhat still asleep - her reflection looked so much like her mother that her body betrayed her into thinking maybe it was her mother. The dark hair, the bright blue eyes, the pale skin... Sometimes her heart skipped a beat, just enough to push that tiny bit of adrenaline through her body; that excitement...

It was another cruel heartbreak when logic set in. When her blue eyes took in the fact that it was her own reflection staring back at her and not the mother she had been on awful terms with when she had been killed. Sometimes she stood and stared for just a few moments longer... trying to recognize the girl staring back at just enough for her to continue hating the more intricate pieces of her life.

Her thoughts never felt like her own; her own thoughts and her own actions always felt so far away from where she was at any given moment. Most days - if not all days - she was on autopilot. Saying the things that people wanted to hear; smiling, laughing at the right times... but each time she had to fake an interaction, it only left her feeling more hollow than she had been when she started the day.

But it was impossible to explain that to someone. To anyone. Her father knew best of all, perhaps, only because he had seen Addie through some of her more challenging times and because he had seen her mother through similar lows. Yet he knew Addie enough to know that confronting the way she was - the things she was feeling - wasn't something that would better any situation. It would only have her shutting down all the more and perhaps pushing him, one of the only people she trusted in her life, away.

She knew that he was trying so damn hard to be a part of her life again after all the times he and her mother had left her behind. She knew that he could see how broken she was from the life she had been dealt, both at their hands and the hands of whatever God deemed it amusing to watch her suffer through attacks and accidents she hadn't deserved. There would never be a life where she was on flawless terms with her parents simply because she no longer had parents. One. She had one, and whatever life she had with her father from that point onward would never be what she had hoped for because her mother was no longer in the picture.

It was easy for someone like Alex to jump into the problem when she was picking up a bottle; that was a situation that was easier to confront than the constant, overwhelming, internal self-destruction she kept well-hidden... but that wasn't what his life was meant to consist of. Monitoring her habits at home to ensure she didn't move on to that second bottle of wine in one night, or to accompany her when she went out for an hour or two after her hours spent at her office in the city to make sure she wasn't drinking herself into thorough intoxication before driving herself home. No, Alex deserved a life spent with the girl he loved, Ella, without having to worry about Addie's safety. She was an adult, herself... if keeping herself safe meant keeping her brother happy, that had to be a priority, even if she didn't always feel like making it one.

Then there were days like today when Addie knew she had work that needed to be done, but how could she sit down in her office for hours on end and focus on work when she couldn't breathe? Her mother was gone and things would never be right between them; there was no longer a shot at fixing things.

Addie hadn't even bothered showing up; it was her business, so it wasn't like she had someone to answer to... but even that was unlike her. Her hardest mornings still often consisted of her showing up to work and getting something done, at the very least... but not today.

Today, Addie walked around the city. It was freezing and she hadn't worn the wisest footwear; her feet would be rebelling later on that evening when she got home, but for now she pushed that thought to the back of her mind. The hood of her jacket was pulled up to shield her hair from the on-again, off-again spurts of rain and snow and her hands stayed dug deep into her pockets purely for the warmth. The parks weren't as beautiful with this onset of cold lately; everything seemed withered and dead but there was a certain beauty in that that Addie found herself able to appreciate. Maybe because she could relate.

The sun and come and gone; hours had flickered by and she had hardly noticed. She had ducked into small place in the city that was familiar; a place where she had enjoyed a drink a time or two in the past. It was late and it was freezing outside so there weren't too many people crowded inside, something she appreciated.

Ordering a bottle of Moet and Chandon Nectar Imperial champagne for herself - as it only came by the bottle, not in individual glasses - the brunette hybrid made her way to a table near the back of the bar; bottle and glass in hand, though it quickly became obvious to her that she wasn't the only one looking to hide out in the back of the dark bar that evening.

Stopping in her tracks for a moment, just long enough to raise a curious eyebrow, Addie veered away from the table she had set her sights on and instead placed the unopened bottle and empty glass onto the unoccupied side of Tristan's table.

"Well, I didn't think the day would come where I'd find you - of all people - in a place like this..." Her pale hands making quick work of her black hooded jacket as she hung the soaked mess onto the back of her chair before she took a seat across from him. From there, it took her only a few long seconds to pop the bottle of champagne - something she had much experience doing - and poured herself a glass that she took long sip of before placing it back on the table in front of her. "I think first-timers have to sit at the bar. Sulk, order rookie drinks and tell the bartender their deepest, darkest secrets..." A small smirk formed on the brunette's lips as she took another sip of her own drink before she continued. "It's practically ritualistic in North America..."

--------------------
everybody's worried about me; i'm in too deep

BUT I AM LOSING FRIENDS AND NOW I AM CHASING SLEEP
PMWebsiteAIM
^
TRISTAN BLACK
 Posted: Mar 19 2017, 10:44 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
Twenty-One
Mechanic

Tag: Addie Vivas
Over the years since he and Addie had gone their separate ways, Tristan had changed in ways that concerned some, in ways that were appreciated by others, and in ways that some hardly even noticed. When she had first left, he hadn't even been able to bring himself to get out of bed. When the day had come where he had, it was because he couldn't stand to be in their empty house any longer.

He couldn't stand to be anywhere that reminded him of her and so, he had run. Not in the sense of going for a sprint or a jog, but literally. He had changed and he had run as far and as fast as his massive paws were able to carry him. Away from the few things she had left behind, away from the lingering scent of her shampoo and away from images of her throughout any and every part of the home they had shared.

Away from the memory of her because much as he had wanted to stop her, he had let her leave and he hadn't gone with her and it was destroying him. It hadn't taken much for him to come back, though. Tristan was far too invested in his family to be able to leave them for very long. He had simply needed the time and he had needed the space. Still, when he had returned, she lingered. She was gone and yet she was everywhere and he couldn't cope with it.

So, after confiding in his older sister, he had packed up his things and he had moved into the home that Catori shared with her husband and their two children. He would earn his keep in any way they needed him to do so, mostly by acting as a live-in "manny" of sorts when they needed him to. Second to burying himself further into his role as a godfather, uncle, brother, and son was burying himself in his work as a mechanic at his father's auto shop.

Most days it held him together but there were other days where he had needed to fall apart. He had needed to hurt because what he'd had with her had been so much more than he could begin to try to explain to anyone and if he didn't hurt, then it was like saying that she had meant nothing and he wouldn't do that. On those days, he often snuck away to whatever quiet little bar he could find because it was unlikely that his family would look for him in a place like that. His nights spent in those quiet bars had increased ten-fold when he had heard about her new romance and later her marriage.

Among those quiet nights, he had befriended a girl that he soon wished he had never crossed paths with. She had been okay as a friend but he had never been capable of offering her more and slowly but surely, more had become exactly what she had been wanting from him. When he and Addie had eventually begun to drift back into each other's lives and made a decision to rebuild the friendship that had been lost to them previously, he'd tried to make it even clearer to the other girl that he wasn't willing to offer her more than his friendship. To say that she wasn't taking it well would be an understatement.

In fact, that girl was the primary reason for his presence in the dark corner he was occupying at Bemelman's that evening. He was hiding. So, when the familiar scent of Addie had wafted past his nose and her familiar voice settled over his ears as she joined him at his table, he looked up at her sheepishly. "Yeah .. well... there's a lot about me that you wouldn't expect these days." For one, he had developed an interest in a new career path but he hadn't spoken to anyone about that yet.

He smirked, shaking his head back and forth as she teased that he had to sit at the bar and order rookie drinks while talking about all of his deepest and darkest secrets. "Oh, yeah? Is that so?" he responded, shrugging his shoulders as he took a drink from the chilled beer in front of him. He shook his head once more as she explaining that it was pretty much a ritual thing. "I'm sure it is, but what makes you think this is my first time here?"

THANKS!
PM
^
ADELAIDE VIVAS
 Posted: Apr 2 2017, 03:37 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
TWENTY-ONE
DESIGNER

user posted image

HOW CAN I LIVE IN THE MOMENT WHEN MY THOUGHTS NEVER FEEL LIKE MY OWN AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ADMIT THAT I'M BROKEN. HOW CAN I BE ALRIGHT, CAUSE I CAN'T BREATHE. I CAN'T BREATHE. I CAN'T BREATHE. I CAN'T BREATHE.

Addie knew that there were a lot of things that had changed between she and Tristan, and that there were a lot of things she likely didn't know about him. New interests, new hobbies, new enjoyments, likes and dislikes... New favourites, new firsts...

She also knew that it was partially her fault that she no longer knew every sorted detail about his life. She had been the one to walk out when things had gotten rough and somewhere in the back of her mind he was partly to blame, too, for never running after her. It was a paperback novel of romantic failures: clichés that never should have come to pass, and yet here they were, staring them down as they came to pass.

"It's a good thing you're giving me all the time in the world to learn about all these little surprises I've been missing out on, huh?" And this was a prime example of how Addie planned to utilize that time: taking advantage of every single time she bumped into him, setting plans and following through with them. Spending time with him much as she always had and truly rebuilding those bridges that had once existed between them. "That just means you're going to be stuck with me on nights like tonight when you thought you could escape from the world for a little bit... You might get sick of me."

She knew that'd never happen; there wasn't a single time in their lengthy history when Tristan had ever grew tired or bored of Addie. If anything, he'd be wanting to take advantage of this time together as much as she was because the last time they had spoken - that dinner that they had shared not too long ago - he had been on the same page with wanting to reconnect as she had been.

She wouldn't deny that it was a little bit odd to see someone like Tristan taking full advantage of a place like this; he had never been a big drinker - which was more than okay - and he hadn't really ever been one to enjoy painting the town red. Sure, he had come out more than once with Addie when she had wanted to make the city her own, but even she knew that that had mostly been about wanting to be near her and wanting to ensure her safety rather than him wanting to have a good time of his own.

"Trust me, I'm a pro." Something that everyone knew a little something about: Addie was no stranger to the bars in New Orleans. Those that knew her best knew that she struggled with a dependency on alcohol; nine times out of ten, she was okay. She knew her limits and didn't purposely get trashed just for the hell of it, but that one out of ten kind-of-day... When her problems felt like they'd never be resolved and her heart ached over everything that she had lost... well, those benders were a bit more harmful than responsible.

As he asked what made her think this was his first time here, Addie bit down on her bottom lip, chewing on it gently as she pondered the best response to that. He already knew how much she thrived on teasing him; he was an easy target and anything she said was always playful and never meant to be harmful. He knew that, which was why it was always so damn easy to toss a playful line (or twelve) his way.

"Well, as someone who has frequented her fair share of dives like this? I can smell bar-virgins from a mile away... Pointing to his beer that he had just taken a sip of with an amused smirk, she continued. "And you ordered the shittiest beer they have..."

--------------------

PMWebsiteAIM
^
TRISTAN BLACK
 Posted: May 1 2017, 11:09 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
Twenty-One
Mechanic

"Yep, lucky you." he replied with a soft smirk on his lips as his blue eyes connected with her gaze. As she proceeded to tell him that it simply meant he would be stuck with her on nights like that one and that he might get sick of her, he couldn't help but roll his eyes in response. "Sure, because that's ever happened before." he shot back, voice dripping with sarcasm though he was clearly being playful just as she was with him.

As their brief chit-chat continued, he quirked a brow when she told him that it was a rule that newbies had to sit at the bar and order rookie drinks, silently and verbally challenging her claim. He probably shouldn't have laughed when she insisted that he trust her and that she was a pro when it came to such things, but he couldn't really hold it back either.

He told her he was sure she was right but wanted to know what made her think that t was his first time within that particular bar. Her response made him laugh once again. "Well, Oh magic beer-guru, tell me. What would you have suggested?" She was wrong, of course, it wasn't his first time there nor was it his second or third but he didn't mind playing along if it made her smile.

THANKS!
PM
^
ADELAIDE VIVAS
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 03:27 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
TWENTY-ONE
DESIGNER

user posted image

It had always been hard for Addie to imagine a day where Tristan wouldn't ever want to have her in his life in whatever capacity. Thinking back to all the shit that she had put her loved ones through - mainly Alex and Tristan - Addie knew that if they could survive those scandals and shenanigans, they were definitely in it for the long haul.

That said... Addie also knew that there would always be that underlining fear that there would be a stunt, a scandal, a secret that was too big and too great for the people she cared for the most in the world. That something she did, said or kept from the world would be the straw that broke the metaphorical camel's back and she would truly be alone.

She was trying not to stare - that would have been rude, after all - and yet it's all she could seem to do as her mind ran wild. He had seen her die - yes, literally - after mixing an overdose of sleeping pills with alcohol. He had seen her after she had taken a life and after she had let a vampire meddle with her own, feeding on her. All of the stress, all of the heartache, and yet he stayed. Much as Alex had. Blood, water, whatever it was... she couldn't understand how it was thick enough for them to want to still be intricate pieces of her world.

Quirking an eyebrow in amusement at his laugh, Addie still wasn't entirely sure why Tristan was finding him in a bar of all places; he hadn't ever really enjoyed being out and about back when they had been both friends and something more.

Then again, a lot had changed between them and a lot had changed in their respective lives, so deep down the brunette knew she didn't have the right to be surprised by any of his new habits and hobbies, much as she knew he didn't have the right to judge hers - not that he ever would.

"Well, for someone who likely doesn't know how to hold their liquor?" Her lips curved into a small smirk as she poked fun at the male. "Sparkling water, no ice."

--------------------

PMWebsiteAIM
^
TRISTAN BLACK
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 10:21 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
Twenty-One
Mechanic

Adelaide Vivas was so much more than she realized. She was so much more than a beautiful face, an intelligent mind, or a quick-witted mouth. Sometimes he wished he had been able to think of the right words when it had mattered the most and at night when she haunted his dreams, he always did. He always found a way to change the ending of his reality but then he would wake and she would be gone once again.

He had seen her through so many of her most difficult trials in life and he had also seen her through some of her most joyous occasions. There wasn't a lot that the two didn't know about one another in spite of the time that had passed between them. They knew each other better than most people got to know one another in an entire lifetime - in fifty lifetimes even. At least, that was his opinion.

As she stared at him, he allowed himself to become lost in her gaze. Well, not lost, exactly. He could tell that she had a lot running rampant within her mind, he just wasn't sure what. So, what he was really doing was searching those beautiful eyes and hoping to find something he recognized, something that would let him know how to help whatever it was that she was feeling in those moments. Something that would tell him if she even wanted him to help her.

Instead he was distracted by her voice as she teased him. He rolled his eyes in response, a grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. "I'll stick with my beer. You're welcome to enjoy a sparkling water of your own, though." He brought the bottle to his lips to conceal the smile that had begun to take over and tilted it so that he could take a drink. He knew that she wasn't used to him spending his time in such environments without her influence but even though he was still sure that she knew him better than most, there were some things that even she didn't know nor did he really feel that she needed to in that moment. It wasn't her problem.

THANKS!

PM
^
ADELAIDE VIVAS
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 11:19 AM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
TWENTY-ONE
DESIGNER

user posted image

She missed this.

A somewhat stunning but hardly surprising realization; Tristan had always been such a massive part of her life, after all. Was it really so blindingly shocking that the friendship that they had once had and the love they had once shared could be missed once it was pulled from their lives collectively?

There had always been times when Addie found it easy not to think about what she had lost and what - at the time - she had felt she was willing to give up. It was easy to walk away from something as hectic and chaotic as love when you were young, merely because you always thought there would be another chance to make things right.

Every late-night argument brought forth a morning of apologies. Every jealous moment introduced a hundred moments of reassurance and security. Every break-up promised reuniting once the storm had passed.

Had they forgotten that? Had the last storm been too destructive for either to be able to find their footing? Had their surroundings changed so drastically that there was simply no going back to that little piece of paradise they had found together? It seemed almost unfathomable, given how many movies and novels centered around love failing to work when times were young, but flourished and reconnected with time; when age and knowledge were achieved just enough to really help make things work once and for all.

Addie had changed so damn much over the course of the last few years, scarily so. Most of the bad influences had been cut from her life little by little: she was working on making amends with her run-away father and she was privately still mourning the loss of the mother she'd never hear an apology from. It was a tough pill to swallow, knowing you'd never be able to forgive such an intricate being in your life, but it was one Addie found herself choking on, nonetheless.

Sometimes she struggled to find connections between who she was today and the girl she had once been, but sitting across from Tristan and watching that same goofy grin pulling on his lips was connection enough. Maybe she wasn't as reckless as she once had been, and maybe she had grown in ways everyone else around her had grown, but she was still as chaotic and wild at heart as she had ever been. Maybe he brought that out of her.

A small smirk touched her lips as he suggested that she be the one to enjoy a sparkling water, something she had done plenty of times when she was younger and wanting to pretend she was drinking an alcoholic beverage. Now, of course, Addie had experienced most alcoholic drinks for herself so she was a little too far gone to dance around the bush like that.

"As tempting as that would be? I heard the beer here is half-decent..." While she wasn't entirely a beer-loving person, Addie could make some exceptions every now and again. More so as she reached across the table for Tristan's beer with that same fun-loving smirk that had been on her lips just moments ago before the bottle was concealing it as she took a sip.

Keeping her hand around the bottle as she placed it down on the table in front of her - as if she were still silently claiming it as her own now - Addie bit down on her bottom lip gently as she studied Tristan. The slightest of flushing painting itself across her cheeks as his eyes hardly strayed from hers. He was looking for something - what, she wasn't quite sure - but she had always known him well enough to know when there were things he just wasn't willing to ask if he was able to find the answer simply by studying her right back.

"So..." Her eyes didn't leave his but her voice broke that small, comfortable silence between them. "Are you going to cave and tell me why you're hanging out here, drinking alone?"

--------------------

PMWebsiteAIM
^
TRISTAN BLACK
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 05:35 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
Twenty-One
Mechanic

Tristan had always been aware that he needed Addie in his life in once capacity or another but somewhere along the way, maybe he had forgotten exactly how much he had needed her. When she had first left, he had felt like he was dying but as time had progressed he had slowly become number and number. At least, that was what he had needed to convince himself of in order to survive. In truth, that ache had never gone away and now that she was married to someone else, it never would.

As the two of them sat across from one another though with her beautiful smile lighting up the room while she teased him about his drink of choice and being a loner, it almost felt like he could breathe again. Almost. There was simply something magic about being near her, something that brought him back to life each and every time that he saw her smile or heard her laugh. There was something about just being with her in any form whatsoever that gave him peace.

His blue eyes studied her just as intently as she seemed to be studying him in that moment. He knew that he had been looking for something because he hadn't been willing to ask her out loud if he could simply find it by studying her eyes and expressions but there was a piece of him that wondered what she was looking for by studying him.

He was distracted from that curiosity as she responded to him, claiming that she had heard the beer was half-decent. He had barely brought the bottle back down from his lips and set it on the table before she was grabbing it away from him and placing it against her own. He knew that it was inappropriate because she was married but a part of him was amused by the fact that she would be able to taste him against the rim of the bottle as she took a drink to conceal her own smirk.

That amusement left his eyes as she asked if he was going to cave in and tell him why he was hanging out there and drinking by himself. For the first time in a handful of minutes, he let his gaze break from hers as he glanced down at her hand around his bottle of beer. It was evident that she was claiming it for herself, not that he minded. He could always get another, after all. "Probably not. Are you going to tell me what you're doing here alone? Or, rather, with me?" He asked, arching an eyebrow as if to emphasize his curiosity.

It wasn't that she wasn't allowed to be there with him, in fact, he was pretty damn happy that she was but he had to admit that he was curious about just what had brought her into this place and just what had brought her over to his table when she had noticed him there.

THANKS!

PM
^
ADELAIDE VIVAS
 Posted: Jul 29 2017, 10:49 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
TWENTY-ONE
DESIGNER

user posted image

There was a certain level of professionalism (for a lack of a better term) that needed to come with situations that dealt with ex-lovers. Anyone that had ever endured a break-up knew that, especially if they were currently in relationships with someone else. It was a difficult dance-around, one that Addie wasn't finding herself easily able to master, especially given the fact that she and Tristan had always (and would always) have a bond neither could deny nor avoid.

The brunette found herself biting down on her bottom lip gently as she placed his bottle of beer back on the table in front of him; her tongue able to taste him on her lips. It was achingly familiar; that lingering taste after each and every time he kissed her. She would be lying if she were to say it didn't bring on a small bit of nostalgia that she found herself unwilling to fight off.

Even as she set the bottle of beer back down onto the table, her small hands remained comfortably wrapped around it almost as though she were subconsciously claiming it as her own. It was more so a small distraction as the fingers on her right hand quietly picked at the label while Tristan seemed to struggle to find the words Addie was hoping he was searching for; her curiosity as to why he was here this evening was nagging at her more than she cared to admit.

She felt a slight twinge of disappointment that was equally meant with a small smirk as he stated he probably wasn't going to cave and tell her why he was there drinking that evening; two could play that game, really.

"I'm having an affair with this amazingly attractive guy. Very charismatic, great sense of humour, rippling muscles..." Addie had never been a good liar; the smile that crept across her lips was evident of the tall tales she was trying to pass off as truth.

"I don't know; sometimes I just..." Shrugging her shoulders lightly, Addie breathed out a soft sigh. "It's just my go-to." Which wasn't the healthiest confession, but with everything she had been trying to deal with as of late, it wasn't entirely unreasonable, either.

--------------------

PMWebsiteAIM
^
TRISTAN BLACK
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 05:05 PM
HYBRID (HUMAN/VAMPIRE)
Twenty-One
Mechanic

It was evident to him that Addie was the slightest bit disappointed by his answer but as he sat here with her, the last thing that he had wanted to do was discuss the redhead that he was trying to avoid. He had befriended her during a number of quiet nights spent out drinking as he had been grieving the loss of Addie in his life and later the news of her marriage to Jackson. He had always been clear about the fact that he couldn't offer her more but that didn't stop her from wanting it anyway and she had gotten a bit worse since he and Addie had begun to slowly reintroduce themselves into each others lives.

The very thought of her had him wanting to cringe but the sight of Addie drinking from his beer had managed to serve as a decent distraction while his mind shifted to the inappropriate thoughts of what might run through her mind as she tasted traces of him on her lips. More than that, he found himself wanting to drink from it again just to get that lingering taste of her on his own lips one more time.

However, she was still claiming his drink for herself as she picked at the label around the bottle. In an effort to shift her focus, he questioned her about what she was doing there. This brought a gorgeous smirk to her lips and he smiled. Her response had his eyes twinkling mischieviously as a smirk fought to take over his lips. "Really? When were you going to tell me that I was having an affair with a married woman?" He was teasing her, of course, much as she had just teased him with her response.

In fact, it was hard not to laugh but his face became more serious as she shoon confessed that she didn't know and shrugged her shoulders. The soft sigh that passed through her lips had his brows knitting together in concern. He wanted to ask her what was wrong but she answered before he had the chance to do so by telling him that it was her go-to. He knew what that meant and it made him ache inside.

A soft sigh left his own lips as he reached over to take his beer back from her, at least long enough to sip from it and claim that lingering trace of her for himself before he set it back down in front of her. He really didn't want to talk about the redhead but Addie had been honest with him so he could be at least a little bit honest with her.

"I get it ... sort of. I'm hiding out too."

THANKS!

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll