Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

Our news section is located here; you can find lengthier news updates there while the news updates below are the bare necessities!

You can find the most recent activity check here; activity checks are month-long. You must have at least one post per character submitted before the first of the next month!

You can find the current OTM (of the month) awards here! Be sure to congratulate the members and the admin members of the characters and titles that have been won this month!

Give a warm welcome to both Bri and Pat who have been brought onto Bittersweet Forever's administration team as active website moderators!

All admin members have their own tasks; be sure to check their signatures for information on what their specific tasks are, otherwise you might be redirected.
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

» [IP] Slow Dancing in a Burning Room [OPEN]
BETHANY MARQUEZ
 Posted: Oct 17 2016, 07:53 PM
HUMAN
THIRTY
DANCER

Bethany turns on her ballet flat covered heel and walked back into the studio in order to return to her students waiting for her to start the class. Today would be a long day, but at least the African-American dance instructor and dance studio manager had done a good deed for someone else. That was more than her mother could ever do back when Bethany had been a young woman growing up in Chicago, and Bethany had known her mother well for the few years that the older woman had custody of her. Before Derek's mother took Bethany in and raised her. Before today, when Bethany was happy with her life in being engaged to Derek and raising their son with him. She didn't need her mother taking up most of her thoughts, especially since her happiness was taking over everything. Her happiness to be with Derek, her happiness to raise Lucas, her happiness in settling down. Bethany was happy. Letting out a sigh as she resumed the job of carefully pinning together the costumes for her students.

She was going to make her own happiness, and not the happiness she knew would have been happening now if her mother was still a part of her life.

OOC: Character leaving thread.

--------------------
I just want you to know
I want you to know. All that I have is all that I forgot to say. I want you to know. I didn't go. All that I have is all that made you run away.
PMEmailWebsite
^
OPHELIA PRYCE
 Posted: Oct 31 2016, 08:33 PM
HUMAN
TWENTY-ONE
UNEMPLOYED

There were so few people that Ophelia felt she could fall to pieces around. Her mother had really been the only one that had ever witnessed Ophelia breaking down or crying; she and her mother had had such a strong, amazing bond that to lose that had Ophelia feeling as though she had lost everything. She hadn't; she still had her father and her brother but neither exactly had a mother's touch, at the end of the day.

Jasper might have been the only person after their mother's death that had ever seen Ophelia cry. She never let herself lose her composure around her father because he was still so damn fragile after losing his wife that seeing his daughter falling apart would only break him all the more. Liam... Well, he was new in Ophelia's life and she didn't quite trust the royal - or his family - enough to let him get that close to her. She was more guarded than their palace back in England was which spoke a lot for all that she had been through.

But she had been doing so damn good since she had moved back to America. She didn't cry as much over the loss of her mother as she used to behind closed doors. She was dealing with her grief in a positive, healthy way and she was finally working her way through it. This felt like the biggest setback... Like everything she had been working so damn hard at had been for nothing if something as seemingly simple as a dance studio could have her this emotionally wrought.

She was able to make out her brother's words which was a small step in a better direction. Maybe her panic attack was slowly starting to fend itself off or maybe having her brother there was they key to keeping herself slightly more calm. This, of course, wasn't the first time that Jasper had ever seen her cry and she was sure it wouldn't be the last, but she wanted to try and seem as strong as he was, if only for his own sake. He didn't need to hurt more than he already had been.

As he asked whether or not she wanted to go to the hospital, Ophelia's first desire was to adamantly refuse medical help; she wasn't injured nor was she in danger... but if there was one positive thing that a hospital could do for her, it was giving her something to keep herself calm for the rest of the evening and well into the night. Not that she ever actively longed or looked for sedatives... but it was something she knew she was likely going to need if she wanted to keep from bordering on hysterical once Jasper got her out of the public's sight.

Nodding her head gently, Ophelia had to take in a few long breaths just to control her hysterics enough to speak. "Yeah... Please." She didn't expect to be held there for long; they'd likely shoot her up and send her off with someone that could drive her home and keep an eye on her for the night and truth be told? She was perfectly okay with that.

--------------------
i'll never be royal; doesn't run in my blood

THat kind of lux just ain't for us; we crave a different kind of buzz. Let me be your ruler; you can call me queen bee. baby i'll rule. Let me live that fantasy.

PMEmailWebsite
^
JASPER FROST
 Posted: Nov 20 2016, 04:17 PM
HUMAN
Twenty Six
Bodyguard

Most people who had spoken to Jasper, would look at him and never believe that he had true emotions. He kept it that way on purpose. The world didn’t need to see all that went through his mind and the things he felt. When they would just use them to hurt him in the end.

So he locked his emotions behind a cold exterior, only letting anger or annoyance show through. But he had so much more beneath the surface. He felt hurt, love, sadness, and even grief. But he needed to be strong, so he could take care of the few people that he loved. He didn’t want them to see him hurting or grieving, because he wanted to be able to help them through their own. And he couldn’t trust his father with the task. It’s not that their father didn’t love him or Ophelia, but the moment that his wife had died he had started to shut down.

Jasper didn’t care really about himself, he could handle it like he handled everything else that ever bothered him, burying it so deep no one would find it again, but it was his sister that he worried about. She had been so close to their mother, rightfully so, since there is no real substitute for a mother, especially for a daughter. They didn’t have any sisters, no aunts, or cousins, their mother had been the only one who really could understand the things Ophelia had to go through.

He had tried the hardest that he could, to do all that he could, to be what Ophelia had needed. He had promised to take care of her school costs, made sure that they had a place to live and food to eat. Taken on jobs he wasn’t proud of, and done things that he knew in the depths of him were wrong, but he had done it for his family. He wanted to help them, and he would of done anything to do it.

Now, as he gently was moving to pick his sister up, he thought about how he would still do anything for her. He was careful while he moved her , not wanting to cause her any more pain then she was already in while in the middle of a panic attack. ”I’m gonna carry you to the car, don’t worry about anything, I’ll take care of it all.” It was easy enough for him to lift her into his arms and get them standing.

The bodyguard walked the few short feet this his car, before reaching to open it and set his sister in the passenger seat. He was already thinking about how he would check her in, and make sure that they took care of his sister. He’d make sure that the bill was sent to him and not his sister before he took her to his apartment for the night and stayed with her. Ophelia wouldn’t have to worry about people rushing or crowding her, since only her and Eleanor knew the location.

”Don’t worry, Ophelia…I’m here. And I’m going to always be here. I’ll take care of everything. I promise” He would always do whatever he had to , to take care of his twin sister. He wouldn’t let anything happen to her, and would protect her. Though he wouldn’t tell anyone or admit it out loud…he knew in his heart if anything happened to her, he would be an unrecognizable mess. Like half of his whole world ripped away from him.

--------------------
If you only knew my plans,if you only knew who I am
I've got cold, heart, cold hands,Make you want to be where I am. If you only knew my plans.Oh, if you only knew who I am.Late at night I lie awake just thinking about your pretty face.Normally, I'd break your heart.I'd love every minute, tear you apart. I'll never leave you on the wire,So let me touch your fire.Oh, I'm cold, sick and I'm tired.So baby, let me touch your fire
PMAIM
^
OPHELIA PRYCE
 Posted: Feb 14 2017, 12:56 AM
HUMAN
TWENTY-ONE
UNEMPLOYED

I WANNA HOLD YOU HIGH AND STEAL MY PAIN AWAY. THERE'S SO MUCH LOVE TO LEARN AND NO ONE LEFT TO FIGHT. I WANNA HOLD YOU HIGH AND STEAL YOUR PAIN WHEN I'M BROKEN.
There had never been so much as a single doubt in Ophelia's mind that her brother would take care of her; she couldn't trust a random stranger to ensure her safety and to get her somewhere where her photo wouldn't be taken; she was dating the future King of England, after all. That meant that any time someone could snap and sell a picture of her in a compromising position - like collapsed in a parking lot in a fit of hysterics - they would, regardless of what that would mean for her.

He would never let someone hurt her or take advantage of her - be it physically or through so much as a single photo - so long as he were in her presence. He had taken care of her for so damn long that Ophelia knew she could never be in better, safer hands than those of her brother.

Still, she fucking hated that she had to feel (and be) so helpless as to need him to constantly be her rock. To always be the one there for her, pulling her out of depressions or horrible situations like the one that she was in right now. He deserved a better life than one stuck taking care of his younger sister; he deserved all the happiness in the world and she hated thinking that maybe she was the one taking that possibility from him.

Ophelia could feel the world spinning as Jasper lifted her up off the ground a little too easily; sometimes she hated how damn strong he was. He made her look like some meek little weakling without even meaning to. Still, her hand gripped his shirt gently as if she were looking for something to keep her balanced; he wasn't going to drop her - she knew that deep down - but with how dizzy she felt, she worried she'd end up tipping herself right out of his grasp.

"It's just... my purse. Everything fell out." She believed that he would collect everything up without hesitation; he wouldn't leave anything behind for someone else to grab and sell to the media and, in turn, Ophelia would continue to feel guilt over the fact that Jasper was still having to take care of her - that was how their relationship worked.

She was compliant as he placed her into the passenger seat of his car; quiet, but awake, even if her eyes fluttered closed every now and again just to keep the dizziness away. The hospital would have costs; she knew Jasper would try to take care of the bill but Ophelia would fight to pay for her own medical coverage. She also knew he'd set up camp in her hospital room if that was what it took just to be close enough to be able to continue protecting her.

"You don't have to feel like you always have to take care of everything... You don't have to stay with me; I'm a big girl. I won't be scared if I wake up in a hospital room by myself. I won't be bankrupting myself just by paying my own medical bill... You don't always have to pick up after me... but I love you for doing it."

--------------------

THat kind of lux just ain't for us; we crave a different kind of buzz. Let me be your ruler; you can call me queen bee. baby i'll rule. Let me live that fantasy.

PMEmailWebsite
^
JASPER FROST
 Posted: Mar 7 2017, 02:09 AM
HUMAN
Twenty Six
Bodyguard

Jasper had never once disliked taking care of his sister. He knew that there was a lot of people out there that would of hated it. They would of said that she was taking his free time away, that she was weighing him down. But Jasper had never felt that way. His sister was one of the most important people in his whole world, how could he ever feel like she was something that weighed him down?

And while he had never told her, or anyone, taking care of his sister was a way to take care of himself too. While he was able to keep himself together for his family when his mother died, it was only because of them that he was able to. It was needing to be there for his sister and father and take care of them that gave him a reason to push his grief aside and focus on being strong.

And even now when he knew that his sister could take care of herself in most situations, he still wanted to be there for her still. She was his twin sister and there was nothing that he wouldn’t do for her. Day or night if she called he would be there for her whenever she called.

As he set her in the seat and listened to what she said he had to smile a little. He stayed silent as he turned to go back and retrieved everything from his sister’s purse. He took the time to make sure he got every item that had spilled out on to the ground.

He knew that his sister was right, that she could take care of herself. She was getting better each year, and things had been going well for a while. And logically he knew that she could stay at the hospital herself, she could pay the bill herself, and she could get home herself. His sister was smart, independent, and resourceful. There wasn’t anything that she couldn’t do really.

But she was still his sister. It didn’t matter how old they got or what happened, he was still always going to try and be the one who was there by her side taking care of her when she needed it. Which might later bring upon some arguments on the matter, but they would always make up and move on. That’s what you did with your family…you fixed things and worked towards making it better.

He took his time walking back to the car to give her a few minutes to herself in order to gather her thoughts. Jasper set the purse in her lap when he reached her. ” I know fully well how capable you are to take care of yourself.”

A small smile formed on his face before he continued “ I know that if you wanted to you could boss me around into doing anything, or stop me from doing something. Or if you really wanted you could just do what you want anyways.” He chuckled a little under his breath knowing Ophelia would do just that if she had to.

”But you are my sister. And even if you can do all these things alone, doesn’t mean you have to. Or that I will let you. So I’m afraid you are stuck with your brother in the hospital, and stuck with him paying for it, and stuck with him trying to keep taking care of you. Cause I love you too. And that’s one of the things that you do when you love someone, you take care of them. “

--------------------
I've got cold, heart, cold hands,Make you want to be where I am. If you only knew my plans.Oh, if you only knew who I am.Late at night I lie awake just thinking about your pretty face.Normally, I'd break your heart.I'd love every minute, tear you apart. I'll never leave you on the wire,So let me touch your fire.Oh, I'm cold, sick and I'm tired.So baby, let me touch your fire
PMAIM
^
OPHELIA PRYCE
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 11:10 PM
HUMAN
TWENTY-ONE
UNEMPLOYED

I WANNA HOLD YOU HIGH AND STEAL MY PAIN AWAY. THERE'S SO MUCH LOVE TO LEARN AND NO ONE LEFT TO FIGHT. I WANNA HOLD YOU HIGH AND STEAL YOUR PAIN WHEN I'M BROKEN.
Sometimes there were days when Ophelia found herself resenting her father in ways she had never thought possible; that wasn't to say that she hated her father - she didn't, nor would she ever - but it was hard... It was hard living her life after her mother's death with a father that had pulled away so quickly and so fully from his children that it almost felt as though she had lost both of her parents rather than just her mother.

He was always so wrapped up in his own grief that he hadn't been able to see the grief that both of his children battled with upon losing their mother. His mind focused on the loss of his wife as if that was the only thing left existing in his world...

If it hadn't been for Jasper, Ophelia knew that she never would have survived her mother's death. She would have become a hollowed-out version of the girl that she used to be and she very much doubted that she would have been able to survive that. To spend every day knowing all she had lost and suffering through every second that dragged on longer than the last...

Yet, it wasn't supposed to be Jasper's job to look after her; Ophelia was old enough to be able to care for herself, but sometimes the grief that she felt over losing her mother consumed her completely. Sometimes she wasn't able to make sense of anything around her: not what day it was, not what her schedule was supposed to look like... nothing.

Jasper had seen that little by little and it was then that he had taken it upon himself to be the one person in her world that picked her up each time she fell down or that let her lean on him when she was close to falling. She only hoped she could be that person for him if that time ever came...

Ophelia didn't mind being alone; she wouldn't have minded if she were doomed to a hospital bed for a couple of days without a visitor. She would see it as having time to catch up on reading and wouldn't dare tell her father of her situation. The last thing he needed to do was jump on a plane, abandoning his post at the castle back in England just to sit by Ophelia's bedside for nothing more sinister than a panic attack.

She also knew it would be fairly easy to get a job to help pay off any medical costs she incurred during her (hopefully) brief stay, but Jasper had never so much as allowed her to begin looking for places of employment. Every time she had begun typing up a resumé, he was there reminding her that anything she could possibly want or need would be taken care of, by him, for as long as he had a say.

The blonde playfully rolled her eyes as Jasper joined her in his car, setting her purse between them after having collected every fallen item from it on the pavement. She had known the second that she had opened her mouth that there was no convincing him to take a step back and worry about his own life while she was in the hospital; he'd never back down or back away from her when he felt she needed him most. She supposed that's what big brothers were for, were they not?

"Fine...Fine. I'll cave this once, but we are not calling dad. The last thing I want is for him to take time away from his job to fly all the way here for nothing." If it had been something more serious than waves of emotion hitting her all at once when confronted with memories of her mother, perhaps she'd let her brother pick up the phone...

"Not only that, but he has no idea that I've been dating Liam, so..." Why open that can of worms? Why start a fight when things were at least going a bit better between everyone than they had been?

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
JASPER FROST
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 03:50 PM
HUMAN
Twenty Six
Bodyguard

Jasper and his father hadn't really been close since the death of his mother. They might of been, if he hadn't shut himself off after her death, leaving Ophelia and Jasper to deal with it themselves. While Jasper didn't have great confidence that he would be a good parent if he were to ever have a kid, he knew that he would never leave his kids to deal with a tragedy like that on their own.

His father now focused so much on his job that most of the time he never even saw his children. He would be there if there was a serious emergency, but other then that, he stayed in England, while Jasper and Ophelia were in New Orleans.

But maybe it helped make things a little easier that they were separated. It would feel strange and odd to have their father there...almost like it was too late for it. They loved him of course but when you spend so much time without a person, you get used to life without them.

Here in New Orleans they could work on getting their lives together. Ophelia could finish school, could work to try and slowly get back into things that she had loved once long ago. She could heal from the tragedy's that had plagued her life. And Jasper...Jasper could spend the time needed to support his sister, while also starting in on his life, the life that involved a relationship with a princess and being her body guard at the same time.

Jasper started up the car as he scoffed lightly at Ophelia's conditions. "I wasn't going to call dad anyways. By the time he got here , we would already be out of the hospital and he would just be leaving right back after it" As sad as that was...it was the truth. It would take their father a full day to travel from England to New Orleans, and the moment the emergency was over he would have to leave to go back to the King in England. There was no time for rest when you were the King's personal guard after all.

At the mention of the Prince's name Jasper's eyes started to roll. It wasn't any secret that Jasper and the Prince didn't get along at all. He thought that he was spoiled and rude, who talked down to Jasper as if he wasn't anything more than a servant. Who didn't see his own sister's pain and suffering behind the rose-colored glasses he wore about the world and himself.

His gaze went to his sister in the seat next to him and his chest tightened. He would never be able to treat Ophelia the way Eleanor was treated by Liam. She was his twin sister...together since birth. Her suffering weighed on him heavily, he couldn't think about himself or what he wanted if it was clear that his sister needed so much more than what he was giving her.

"I don't know why you are with that prick anyways..." Jasper murmured under his breath as he started to drive out of the parking lot and on to the hospital.

--------------------
PMAIM
^
OPHELIA PRYCE
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 07:47 PM
HUMAN
TWENTY-ONE
UNEMPLOYED

Ophelia knew good and well that Jasper wasn't exactly Liam's favourite person; the two seemed to clash more than they were able to find common ground, and there wasn't necessarily anything wrong with that. Everyone was entitled to their own opinions and Ophelia had been raised to respect that. Granted, having a boyfriend and a brother that never shared the same views or the same opinions - especially in regards to her - could be extremely frustrating in every way imaginable.

She could practically feel her brother's eyes rolling in the seat next to her the mere moment she had mentioned Liam's name, though that wasn't entirely new. She knew better than to bring Eleanor's brother's name up when Jasper was within earshot, if only to spare herself from his lectures and sarcastic little comments.

"You're the one that told me I needed to put myself back out there..." After losing a mother and a lover, it was harder to do than someone could ever imagine, but Ophelia was trying to, little by little. Sure, Jasper likely hadn't meant that she should open herself up to royalty, let alone a member he detested from a royal family their family worked for, but a relationship was a relationship, and surely it was one step in a more positive direction regardless of who it was taken with.

Her blue eyes moved to the passenger window as her brother put the car into motion, but her gaze didn't stay there for very long. The moving images of everything outside her window proved to be too much; the blonde pulling her unworn sweater she had been clutching in her hands over her face to stave off the dizziness she could feel creeping up.

"You probably shouldn't call him, either..." Her words were soft and muffled beneath her sweater, but she was sure her brother could still hear her as the radio wasn't playing in the background. "The media would follow and I don't really feel like having my business plastered everywhere; the Queen would have a field day..." Not just with the news that Ophelia was in the hospital, but if the Queen so much as saw a hint towards the fact that Liam was near a hospital, she'd have the royal guard chasing the Prince down until they knew he was safe and healthy.

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
JASPER FROST
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 11:58 PM
HUMAN
Twenty Six
Bodyguard

Tired of living like a blind man
I'm sick of sight without a sense of feeling
Jasper didn’t make a sound when he heard his sister mention that he had been the one to tell her to get back out there in the world. She was right of course, he had been the one to give the advise, and he didn’t regret it. He had seen what losing the people she loved had done to his sister… He didn’t ever want to see it happen to her again.

The twin had never met Ophelia’s lover who had died. Only through his sister’s words and pictures on social media did he know anything about the man who once held her heart. And yet when the news of the man passing had came, he felt a part of him feel sadness as well. He might not of ever known her lover…but he had known enough. He had seen the smile that was on his sister’s face, the laughter that filled the room…for the first time since their mother died, it felt like his sister was her whole self again.

He couldn’t imagine how it must of felt to lose that.

Jasper eased up on the gas pedal slightly as he watched his sister duck her head in the shirt. He stayed deep in thought as he did, thinking to not only his sister, but himself. About what would life be like if they were in each other shoes.

The bodyguard had never really been one for romantic emotions. Sex and pleasure when he wanted it, sure. But romance? That had never been in his deck of cards. Not even when he used to be more at ease and laid back in the younger years.

Something that somehow had changed now.

It was an odd feeling to…have feelings for someone. Someone that he thought he was just in it for the sex and powerful feeling that came with it. Yet now he found himself tucking her in when she went a little too intense during the night. He found himself holding her and not minding it, to actually crave it. To find a smile cross his face when she walked past. It knocked him off balance every time and he had no clue how to regain it.

He kept that all to himself, merely because he didn’t know how to really express it. After all he never felt it before…never thought it would happen to him.

How would someone like him, react to losing someone you felt so much for? With his mother, he had a way to deal with it…push the emotions to the side and take care of his sister. But what would he do if he lost her ? His sister was starting to push out and try and get better on her own. She didn’t need him like she did back then. How would he push those emotions aside when he was certain losing someone you felt for so deeply would break the fragile control kept on them as it was?

He tightened the grip on the leather of the steering wheel, hearing the fabric protest with soft noises at it. He pushed aside all thoughts of that and focused on his sister completely. A scoffing sound coming from his mouth at her words ”Trust me. I’m great at my job. Even if I told prince charming and he came tripping over his own feet there, I would keep the Media and Queen from knowing and far away. I’m good at what I do…when people let me do it….”
BY MITZI

--------------------
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll