Please register with your character's first and last name in all uppercase.
You can also click for the links to our member c-box & in-character c-box.

Our news section is located here; you can find lengthier news updates there while the news updates below are the bare necessities!

You can find the most recent activity check here; activity checks are month-long. You must have at least one post per character submitted before the first of the next month!

You can find the current OTM (of the month) awards here! Be sure to congratulate the members and the admin members of the characters and titles that have been won this month!

Give a warm welcome to both Bri and Pat who have been brought onto Bittersweet Forever's administration team as active website moderators!

All admin members have their own tasks; be sure to check their signatures for information on what their specific tasks are, otherwise you might be redirected.

Add Reply
New Poll

» [IP] I can't take it back, look where we're at [OPEN]
CASSIE BLAKE
 Posted: Oct 15 2016, 10:59 PM
WITCH
EIGHTEEN
STUDENT

user posted image

STANDING IN THE MIRROR SAYING TO MYSELF: "YOU KNOW YOU HAD TO DO IT"; THE BRAVEST THING I EVER DID WAS RUN. PERMANENT DAMAGE YOU DID TO ME? NEVER AGAIN. I WISH WE COULD GO BACK TO WHEN IT WAS MAGIC.

Moving in with Adam was a very natural 'next step' for the couple. He had proposed to her and now they were living under the same roof for the first time which had a whole bunch of new 'firsts' for the two. All part of the future that they wanted with each other, she supposed... Either way? She hadn't been this happy in a very, very long time.

It hadn't taken her too long to settle into the massive mansion that Adam had managed to get his hands on. She had visited him there and had stayed the night there more times than she could bother counting at that point.

She had added her own personal touches around their home; his bookshelf had copies of her favorite spell books and classic reads. His kitchen housed her favorite snacks, the sofa in the living room had her blanket thrown across the back... Little hints that she, too, now belonged there with him.

It was a quiet evening; she wasn't sure when Adam was due home but she was certain she could find some things to occupy her mind around the house. Some tiding up, a few movies with a glass of wine...

The cleaning had come before the movies; the blonde making her way out onto the front porch to hang a few of the floor mats that were freshly washed out to dry in the cool evening's breeze. It was on her way back inside that a thick, old-looking book with a white card attached to the front caught her eye on the ground nearer to the door.

As she picked it up to inspect, the blonde was easily able to see her name scribbled across the once-blank, white card as if being addressed to her. The handwriting didn't belong to anyone that she knew and her friends were the only ones that knew of where she was currently residing.

Making her way inside with the curious-looking book, Cassie closed the front door behind her as she moved to sit down on the sofa, placing said book on the coffee table in front of her. Her fingers tracing over the unfamiliar dust-filled symbols along the hard front cover as she did so.

The binding creaked as she lifted the front cover open. Her fingers moving to trace over the writing on the inside of the cover. It was Latin... at least from what Cassie could tell. It almost looked like a letter someone would have written on the inside of a cover before giving the book to a loved one as a gift.

"Invocare..." The title of the page that she was now glancing at. Her blue eyes moving down the page to the words written there in a language that she wasn't at all fluent with. "Lirach Tasa Vefa Wehlic, Belial..." Shaking her head gently, Cassie flipped through a few more pages. All of them seemed to be about the same; a Latin title with a Latin prayer-like chant on the page below. It wasn't a spell book... she knew a grimoire when she saw one, but it was definitely a curious little thing that she knew Adam would find just as intriguing as she did.

Closing the book with a yawn, Cassie figured it best to leave there for him. For all she knew it was meant for him anyway. That, or it was a practical joke that she just wasn't understanding be it either from him or their small group of mutual friends. If it wasn't, Adam seemed to have more resources to figure out what the book was and what its purpose was than she did.

The blonde witch wasn't even half-way back to the kitchen when the lights overhead started to flicker. There wasn't an obscene amount of wind happening outside and she didn't know the home to have any electrical issues but those thoughts quickly dissipated as the lights went completely out.

Everything was eerily quiet as Cassie stood between the living room and the kitchen as still as someone could be, trying to hear for anything even remotely off. Her eyes were on the front door for a moment as if expecting someone to alert her to a temporary power outage, but she wasn't in an apartment anymore. There was no landlord to care for these situations when Adam owned the home they both resided within.

Moving her blue-eyed gaze back to the kitchen, a tall, dark shadow of a figure was standing there before edging out of sight behind the wall that cut it off from her view altogether. The blonde's heart pounding wildly in her chest as she backed up a few hurried paces until she was running herself out the front door and out into the dark front lawn.

If this was a practical joke, she was going to kill whoever was behind it but something told her that whatever that book was... Whatever that book did had something to do with whomever - or whatever - was in their home.
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
ADAM CONANT
 Posted: Oct 19 2016, 04:15 PM
WITCH
TWENTY-TWO
WAITER

Adam had been working hard towards this new future, a marriage with Cassie, being a father to Davina, and not making any big moves without talking to the circle. It had always been his downfall, trying to take charge and solve problems on his own or with the help of one or two members, not thinking through the consequences for everyone affected.

In recent years, this had cost him his friends and a few times his relationships, both with Diana and Cassie. Davina had never seen that side of him, not up close anyway, and he didn't want her to. Getting everyone back and gaining a daughter meant too much to risk losing now.

So he had attempted to put the drama with the skull out of his mind. There wasn't much he could do now about it. Whatever came their way, they would handle it like they always did, and now they had more support. What was important to him now was changing the future generations that were growing up in this wildly unpredictable city.

Adam didn't want any other witches growing up the way Davina had, with the threats and the misinformation it seemed was prevalent here. He had to research and learn about the history of New Orleans before he could even begin to figure out a way to teach the younger witches. What had gone so wrong? Since when was "Do harm to none" tossed out the window for personal gain?

He had spent the day poring over the lore of the city that he had mostly gathered from Davina and was ready to get home to Cassie for the evening. He had lost track of time and hadn't meant to stay out this late.

Cassie and Adam had been doing great, all things considered. Everything that she had to take in after rejoining Faye, Diana, and himself was a lot to ask of anyone, let alone his true love. He still wasn't done making it up to her, but he was happy that she had said yes when he asked her to marry him.

He had just pulled into the driveway and gotten out of his car when Cassie ran out of the house. His first reaction was to smile at his fiance, thinking she saw his headlights and was coming to greet him. It only took him a second more to assess the situation. Something was wrong.

He dropped his bag beside his car. "Cassie?" He asked, concern obvious in his voice, as he ran to her. "What's wrong? What happened?"
THANKS KAY

--------------------

YOU KEEP ME SAFE, YOU KEEP ME SANE
user posted image
SPENT MY WHOLE DAMN LIFE TRYING TO GET THINGS RIGHT. AND FOR EVERY ONE OF MY MISTAKES, YOU GAVE ME ALL THESE CHANCES. WHEN THE ROADS TOO LONG AND I AM TIRED, YOU ARE MY HORIZON, AND I'LL DRIVE UNTIL IT ALL BREAKS DOWN.----
YOU KEEP ME HONEST
YOU KEEP ME ALIVE.

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
CASSIE BLAKE
 Posted: Oct 23 2016, 09:06 PM
WITCH
EIGHTEEN
STUDENT

user posted image

STANDING IN THE MIRROR SAYING TO MYSELF: "YOU KNOW YOU HAD TO DO IT"; THE BRAVEST THING I EVER DID WAS RUN. PERMANENT DAMAGE YOU DID TO ME? NEVER AGAIN. I WISH WE COULD GO BACK TO WHEN IT WAS MAGIC.

Being an adult wasn't something that any member of Cassie's circle seemed to have a solid grip on, but they were all trying which was what mattered, wasn't it? Melissa and Nick were working things out after him having been killed and brought back. Faye was welcoming motherhood alongside a new boyfriend; Diana was finding herself after losing herself a time or two along the way... And Jake was, well, Jake.

Even Cassie and Adam found themselves newly engaged and living together, but she couldn't deny that sometimes it felt like they were kids playing house, especially when something went wrong. When there was a leak with one of the pipes or when one of the windows needed to be resealed... Cassie never knew who to call because it had always been something a parent or a guardian would ensure was tended to.

Needless to say, seeing someone standing in your pitch-black house when you hadn't invited anyone in? The blonde witch felt like she was five years old, needing to crawl under the nearest bed to escape whatever boogieman her mind had created, only she knew that her mind wasn't playing tricks on her. Someone was in her home and there was no one there that was going to make this situation disappear.

Seeing headlights on their way up the street had Cassie trying to wave the car down from the middle of her large lawn, something that was pointless as the car continued right on past her. It was a second set of headlights that grasped her attention a touch too quickly; the blonde tripping over what she could only assume to be a leftover branch from the last storm they had had as she met the ground on her hands and knees, quickly pulling herself up in hopes of being able to gain the attention of this car, unlike the last.

As it pulled into her driveway, it was then that Cassie realized it was Adam rather than some random stranger simply using their road to get onto the next. She quickly rubbed the dirt from the palm of her hands onto the thighs of her skinny jeans as she continued to run to her fiancé, closing the distance between them just in time for Adam to question what was going on.

"Someone's in the house! There was a book... and the lights went out and someone was standing in the kitchen!" She was a bit out of breath purely from the shock of the situation; her heart was still pounding a touch too wildly in her chest so her words were coming out a bit louder and a bit more frantically than she had intended.

With a deep breath, Cassie tried to calm herself by at least a fraction in hopes of explaining herself a bit more clearly. "I thought it was you playing a prank but obviously..." Obviously it wasn't a prank if Adam was standing right here, unless he had gotten other members of their circle involved but she doubted any would be cruel enough to go through with such a prank without at least giving her a hint or a heads-up...
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
ADAM CONANT
 Posted: Nov 27 2016, 04:29 PM
WITCH
TWENTY-TWO
WAITER

Adam had done so many things that were considered mistakes or betrayal in his circles eyes, but at times like this, he was actually very glad he had ventured out on his own. Not that he would ever truly regret it, the path with the skull gave him Davina and he would never admit to being wrong there.

While he definitely wasn't prepared for being a father, especially to someone only a few years younger than himself thanks to the screwed up magical world they lived in, Adam embraced the life and immediately took an approach to parenthood that none of their own parents had thought to go with: honesty.

He was determined to share his history with his daughter, no matter how ugly and complicated it got. She needed to learn, and honesty was something she hadn't truly had before her 16th birthday. Adam was happy he could be one of the few to start the tradition. This also involved turning a new leaf as far as his circle was concerned, which usually got him into more trouble, but he was adjusting.

Adam's "mistakes" had a lot to do with magic they weren't supposed to be doing, messing with the skull, experimenting with old magic, going after evil instead of waiting for evil to find them. He had nearly gotten himself killed a time or two, once even leaving Faye to possibly deal with their child on his own. Now knowing Davina, that could be considered the one regret attached to that string of decisions, but killing Abaddon was arguably worth it.

He had hoped they could settle into the new normal they were building together before the next crisis, but considering the look on his fiance's face, there was no such luck. Who the hell would be int heir house? Not John? He wouldn't have let Cassie out, he was way too powerful for that. And no one who had the skull would have let her out alive. What were they facing here?

Adam slid his phone out of his back pocket and handed it to Cassie, figuring she probably didn't grab hers in the panic. "Take this and wait in the car. See if you can reach any of the others." He kissed her on the forehead before turning away, not really giving her a chance to argue. Was this a page out of 'Old Adam's' book? Yes. Of course, it was. But like hell was he about to let her walk into danger right now, and if he needed to use the magic she didn't approve of, he'd rather her not see it.

If they were normal, if this was some alternate universe, he would have called the cops and waited outside with his fiance. But their reality was nothing but normal. Their reality consisted of crystal skulls and dark magic, and evil fathers with illegitimate children working towards taking over the world. There was no telling who or what was inside that house, but the only thing Adam could guarantee is that there was no way any police officer would be able to understand. He wasn't even sure he would.

THANKS KAY

--------------------

user posted image
SPENT MY WHOLE DAMN LIFE TRYING TO GET THINGS RIGHT. AND FOR EVERY ONE OF MY MISTAKES, YOU GAVE ME ALL THESE CHANCES. WHEN THE ROADS TOO LONG AND I AM TIRED, YOU ARE MY HORIZON, AND I'LL DRIVE UNTIL IT ALL BREAKS DOWN.----
YOU KEEP ME HONEST
YOU KEEP ME ALIVE.

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
CASSIE BLAKE
 Posted: Jan 22 2017, 12:42 AM
WITCH
EIGHTEEN
STUDENT

user posted image

Cassie had never really been the type of girl that just ran away from whatever problem was standing her down; she hated being a damsel in distress and quite often felt as though she needed to prove to those around her that she was anything but. No one saw her as weak... at least she didn't []think[/i] so, but given just how many horrible things had happened to her (or had happened to someone she cared about because of her?) it was hard to believe that anyone thought she was self-sufficient enough to be able to stand up for herself and make it out of a situation alive.

If it hadn't been for the fact that she had absolutely no damn idea who - or what - was in the home that she shared with Adam, Cassie would have had no qualms in dealing with the situation as best as she could. Granted, that would have to be without magic simply because Marcel had rules that forbade witches from practising within the city limits... but that didn't mean that she couldn't find a way around that. Cassie might not have been physically stronger than beings in her circle - like Adam or Jake - but she could be resourceful when she needed to be.

As Adam slid his phone out of his back pocket and into her hand, Cassie furrowed her brow at him almost in confusion; it was as he told her to take it and wait in the car that her blonde head was shaking in disbelief. She wasn't going to call for help while he stormed in there to face only God knew what; the last thing that Cassie could handle was losing the one person that she had ever loved, especially because she had been doing what she was told and was patiently waiting in the car.

"Like hell I will." Her words were falling from her lips as his own were pressing against her forehead in a gentle kiss. Adam knew her better than to assume she'd do as instructed; Cassie had never done well with taking orders. She could tell that he was trying to find a way out of the conversation with her in hopes that she wouldn't put up an argument, but Cassie knew there was no way in hell he thought he'd be successful in doing so.

Truth be told, thinking that Cassie would do just that was something that the old Adam would have done or expected of her and while Cassie knew that Adam had changed so damn much in the course of time that they had known each other, the last thing that she wanted was for them to fall back into bad habits. She didn't want the beginning of their lives together to start on the wrong foot which was precisely why Cassie had absolutely no qualms in nipping it in the bud, so to speak.
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
ADAM CONANT
 Posted: Feb 21 2017, 04:29 PM
WITCH
TWENTY-TWO
WAITER

Adam sighed. He could feel her staring into his back. "Baby..." He turned back to her and pulled her close to him. Realistically, he knew she would never agree to staying out here while he went inside, but he under no circumstances wanted her in that house till he knew what they were dealing with.

There were three reasons he wanted her out here, but he didn't have time to make his case, so he went with the one he thought would truly work. "If I use dark magic are you gonna be ok with that?" He whispered in her ear. Her safety was light-years above this on the priority scale, but it wouldn't be to her. And he could always text the circle to get them there.

The situation with Marcel, the vampire that ran the city and raised Davina, had its perks. Davina was how Marcel was controlling the witches, and Davina let certain magic by certain people slide. As her father, he got special priviliges which kept him from worrying too much about the reprucussions of protecting his family.

The only real concern in this situation was the immediate danger of whatever this was and that they were about to walk towards it. "Will you at least stay behind me?" He pleaded, knowing the argument was lost. Even logically, she had to know he was more comfortable and ready to use certain powers that she shied away from, right?

He knew she could more than take care of herself. If he hadn't shown up when he did, she would have gathered herself and called for back up. She knew what she was capable of, they both did. With or without the powers she possessed from John, she was one of the most powerful witches Adam had ever seen, and when she was actually comfortable with it, Adam was usually in awe of what she could do. But so much had happened to them, so much had changed...he hadn't seen that level of comfort in a while.

Adam pulled back and stared into her eyes, refusing to imagine a world where she wasn't in it. He couldn't let anything happen to her. Let her be pissed, but he would risk his life for hers without a second thought.

THANKS KAY

--------------------

user posted image
YOU KEEP ME HONEST
YOU KEEP ME ALIVE.

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
CASSIE BLAKE
 Posted: Mar 24 2017, 09:39 PM
WITCH
EIGHTEEN
STUDENT

user posted image

If there was one thing that Cassie found herself worrying the most about, it wasn't her future, her health, some future career or another... It was Adam and his fascination with dark magic. Wasn't it natural for someone to put their significant other's health and happiness above their own? Cassie was absolutely no exception to that, of course.

It went beyond a natural fear, of course. It was no longer a secret that while experimenting with dark magic, Adam and Faye had had a bit of an affair with each other that had resulted in Adam fathering a child with the one female that Cassie had always failed to get along with.

That wasn't to say that Cassie no longer trusted Adam; she had hated the choice he had made and she had spent more than enough time trying to hate both he and Faye for their shitty decisions. She had to trust that they could both move on from that and that they could both turn their lives around and refrain from ever falling back into the same bad habits.

The blonde witch let him pull her into his arms; his breath warm against her ear as he whispered into it; goosebumps spreading themselves along her arms at the mere mention of Adam using dark magic. She respected that he was his own person and she knew that she had absolutely no right telling him what he could and couldn't do... but that didn't mean that she had to support some of the things that he chose for himself. Dark magic included.

"You don't have to use dark magic..." She knew it was a losing battle; there was really little point in even trying to argue her case here. If they were in danger, he'd do everything in his power - be it good power or dark power - to protect them both. If not for their own sake, than for Davina's because that girl didn't deserve any more loss than she already endured in her young life.

Heaving a gentle sigh, Cassie shook her head gently in reply to his next question. She might be willing to bend where dark magic was concerned, but there was no way in hell she was going to let him act as a human shield; her life didn't matter more than his did and she was more than capable of taking care of herself...

"No. We go in together. That way, if it is something... we can take care of it together."
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
ADAM CONANT
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 11:23 AM
WITCH
TWENTY-TWO
WAITER

Her half-hearted argument was easy to spot. He was more than aware how she felt about not just dark magic in general, but his involvement with it. Davina's existence had not been an easy pill to swallow. How could it? Faye had been pushing Cassie's buttons since she first showed up and with everything else the two soulmates had gone through, always losing each other somehow, it just seemed like it was happening again. He couldn't fault her for feeling the way she did.

After seeing John and what this type of magic did to him, he also understood how cautious Cassie was to let someone else in her life get so involved in it. But Adam saw a difference between him and John. John had wanted power. Purely power. There wasn't love in his life, there wasn't a true circle, the way he felt theirs was. Yeah, they had their differences, their secrets, their drama, but they were still always there for each other no matter what, and that was something he felt his parents had always failed at.

To Adam, the power of the Skull was just a tool to keep the people he loved safe. He wasn't ready to use it on anyone who didn't deserve it. Taking the Skull in the first place could have been seen as selfish, but Adam hadn't much cared then. They had all lost each other, not in the "I hate you" kind of way, but in the sad tragedy kind of way. After seemingly defeating John and losing Nick for the 2nd time, their world just kind of fell to pieces and one by one they fell away with it.

"I'm not gonna ask for a fight, but if it comes down to it, I need you to know I'll do whatever I need to." He didn't want her going in blind. They hadn't completely discussed this magic going forward, which is something that should be put on the to-do list now that the wedding date was set. For now, he would be sure that she would be able to handle whatever actions he chose.

Not knowing what they were dealing with scared the hell out of him, especially with her insisting they go in side by side. He'd agree for now, but that wouldn't last long. They had all lost so much in such a short amount of time and he refused to be part of the reason he lost her, too. He had a feeling she knew that, though. She had to expect that he would put her life before his no matter what. That's what love was.

He nodded, though, and took her hand. Hyper aware of their surroundings, he hoped that whoever it was had fled. They had more than enough time to do so with a house that backed up to the beach. Logic told him there wasn't a chance in hell that it would play out like that. They had grown accustomed to this type of situation: people wanted them dead. It was that simple. It was their life.

When they got to the front door, he saw that it hadn't even latched when she had run out. With a light push, it swung open and his eyes sweeped the immediate surroundings. He squeezed her hand in reassurance as they stepped inside. "Stay with me." Not that he thought she'd suggest seperating, but just to be sure.

THANKS KAY

--------------------

user posted image
YOU KEEP ME HONEST
YOU KEEP ME ALIVE.

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
CASSIE BLAKE
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 05:21 PM
WITCH
EIGHTEEN
STUDENT

user posted image

There were definitely some benefits to falling in love with someone that was like you in a great many ways. Understanding, for one... Knowing that the person you gave your heart to understood the things you did and why you did them. Respect was another; if they could respect their own choices, they were easier able to respect yours, given nine times out of ten, they'd be making the same choice you had.

That said, there were also a few downsides... Those that knew Cassie and Adam knew just how often they bickered, fought and feuded over the most trivial of things. It boiled down to the fact that they were so damn alike in so many ways that they often ended up clashing. They were both stubborn to a fault, and they were both independent and protective. They wanted to defend those around them as much as possible while walking into danger with their head held high.

Even as he informed her that he would do whatever it took to protect her, Cassie knew that the anger she felt at how reckless that statement happened to be wasn't justified. She couldn't be angry at her soulmate for doing the same thing she knew she'd do; she would do anything and everything in her power to protect Adam, regardless of the cost.

Feeling him taking her hand into his had her nerves calming even if only ever so slightly. She squeezed his gently; the tension of the situation catching up to her, as was realization that he'd be quick to jump in front of her if something jumped out at them. If she could keep a good enough grip on him, she might be able to prevent him from making any stupid mistakes.

The blonde was quiet as Adam pushed open the front door that hadn't even fully closed behind her when she had run scared out of the house. Everything was dark; a light in the kitchen flickered every now and again, but other than that, there wasn't much light guiding their way and Cassie knew offhand that any spell to bring forth a ball of light to ease them into the house would be met with repercussions from Marcel and his goonies.

All seemed quiet until Cassie's body jumped the moment a door down the far hallway slammed shut; she was shocked she hadn't screamed out, but perhaps that was because she was too in shock in regards to the entire situation. It was like they could never catch a damn break...

"Maybe we should just call..." Who, the police? As if they'd be equipped to handle something centring around either magic or demons...

Shaking her head gently as if to void what she had been trying to say, Cassie corrected herself. "Maybe we should have back up..." Be that in the form of someone else from their circle or otherwise.
PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
ADAM CONANT
 Posted: Jul 8 2017, 08:23 PM
WITCH
TWENTY-TWO
WAITER

Of course Adam agreed with Cassie. He had suggested that she stay outside and call for back up in the first place! Of course, as he turned to look at her, there was no point in bringing it up. They both knew he had suggested that, and it was quite obvious that the only reason she hadn't taken him up on the offer in the first place was because that the plan involved him going in alone.

"It wouldn't hurt.." Adam shrugged. But he wasn't about to leave the house now. If a person was here, there was already plenty of time to leave. And if it was something more, something on their level of the supernatural, he would rather know what it was before it had time to finish whatever it started.

He paused for a moment, weighing his options. Nick had been through a lot and was most likely high. Melissa had been quiet for some time and while neither Faye or Diana ever really got along with Cassie, they were probably the best options at the moment. Naturally, they were both his ex's. "Text Faye." He whispered.

Cassie still had his phone from out in the yard, and it made more sense to deal with Faye than Diana. He hadn't quite found common ground with Diana since so much had changed and he at least knew Faye was on the same page as him when it came to magic.

Adams eyes had never actually looked at Cassie. Her hand in his had been enough reassurance and his attention was preoccupied with the door that slammed shut, his entire body on high alert. He could smell the earthy incense burning in the living room, something he assumed Cassie had started before all of this began.

Adam saw the strange book Cassie had mentioned almost immediately. It was sitting open on the coffee table. Adam let Cassies hand slip out of his as he moved towards it. "Maybe if we have the book, we'll at least know what we're dealing with."

He picked it up, scanning the page as carefully and quickly as possible. Where the hell had this come from? He had seen things like this at the house in Italy, he had packed most of it up, and as far as he knew, anything that resembled it was still in boxes in the attic.

He turned around to Cassie, tilting the book so she could see, his attention drawn towards the book more than their surroundings now. "Did you read this?"

THANKS KAY

--------------------

user posted image
YOU KEEP ME HONEST
YOU KEEP ME ALIVE.

PMEmailWebsiteAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll